Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thatcher

Chace and Rachel NORTON


The day after I came home from Utah, I went to Thatcher for Chace Norton's reception. He married a girl, Rachel Nelson, from Mesa. THEY ARE SO CUTE AND SO HAPPY TOGETHER!! It's so good to see your friends happy! Chace has always been a good friend. He always claimed we used him, haha whatever. It was a plus that he had 4-wheelers and a rhino and he would take us everywhere and usually pay and be our source of entertainment. haha But that's not why we loved him! Chace would do anything for us if we needed him! He would jump moriah's car anytime she needed it (which was often, because she ALWAYS left her lights on), one time he moved our fridgerator and stove out and swept under them! WHAT BOY DOES THAT? I knew I could call him for anything! He's great. Rachel is a lucky girl! Congratulations Chace!


I went to thatcher again one week later. My roommate Layne from Alaska flew down to spend a week with Brittani Clonts and I before we all flew to OK for the wedding. It was fun for her to see Thatcher and the places we both talked about so much.

Casa Manana
This is my favorite place to eat in Thatcher. It always has been. The first time I ever went to Thatcher was with my mom. We went to check out the town and look at my apartment. I remember calling my dad and telling him we were at a loss of where to eat dinner; there are only 3 recognizable, popular restaurants: McDonalds, Taco Bell and Burger King. So he told us to find the most hole in the wall place and try it out. We took his advice and went to Casa. WE LOVED IT! I got a Little Daddy. haha sounds wierd but it's like a tostada on steriods with chicken on it. AmAzing. Their ice is better than Sonic and they have FlOuR chips. IT is SOO good. THe Gila Valley has amazing mexican food. Utah needs to learn from them, I had mexican food 1 time in the 9 months I lived there... it doesn't exist!



We got to see Chani too! I hadn't seen her since she got married! Her and Jory are so cute and happy. and they're pregnant!!!
Terra drove to my house from Flagstaff, then drove with Layne and I the rest of the way. We also picked up Kelsey in Mesa. It was a fun ride. I miss those girls so much!










BRYNA's BRIDAL SHOWER!

Bryna's Bridal shower was that weekend too. She is the cutest girl and so excited to be marrying Tyler! I can't believe she is getting married. I will always remember her as the little high school girl who used to come and visit Melindy and I when we were freshman! Then as my cute roommate who would scream my name in a high pitched voice "PAAAM!". haha She is a favorite for SURE! Always happy. Always says it like it is.

AND... she always looks cute... no matter what she is wearing! I love you Bryna!













PICNIC

I would always tell Layne about life at EA. How it was so relaxed and time just stood still! One thing Terra and I would do a LOT (sometimes even when we were supposed to be in class, especially our drama class) is lay on the grass at south campus. It is so pretty, so many trees and the grass is perfectly green, perfectly watered, perfectly mowed!! (the inmates take care of the property, so it gets lots of attention. I think they mowed it every other day! :)

So... Layne decided to try it out for herself, I think I have her convinced! When you lay out on the grass you are surrounded by a scene out of a book. Dirt roads, railroad tracks, horses, cotton fields and part of campus. AmAzing. We had a picnic, took a nap and went longboarding. I loved it... it was like OLD times!




LAYNE I'M glad YOU CAME TO visit!!!

1 comment:

layne said...

I'm glad I came too! THANKS PAM!