Friday, June 13, 2008

"I wanna go see horsie"

My family used to own many more acres of property in this neighborhood than we do now. Now there are new homes on much of it. I can remember when I was young my grandpa took me out on a little walk around the neighborhood and said, "see all these cactus and rocks and open space? They are all going to be gone soon. " He was right! Our neighbors used to have horses, not anymore! :(

However, There are still a few of us in this neighborhood that have kept their land. The man on the corner still boards horses for the race track. In May there was a BABY born. I get just as excited now as I did when I was 5 to walk down and feed the horses.

We started to be frequent visitors of the horses with Chloe. She loves to feed them apples and carrots. At first it took a little coaxing to get them to come to the fence. Now, when they see her they RUN to the fence and will even bite at eachother to fight over food.

We love to walk to see the baby horse. It has a cute little white spot on its nose. At first it spent a lot of time sleeping. then it would walk around a little. Now it runs! It is adorable. Plus, the sunsets on our walks are always something worth seeing. so pretty.



My mom likes to ride her new pink bike when we go.









During Brittany's graduation party I took all the kids to see the horses... it started HAILING on us! Luckily the boys came in cars and picked us up!! haha we were all soaking wet!





Chloe and Sophie both love to walk down there too. Chloe talks about the horses all the time. She'd walk down there 10 times a day if we let her! Sophie loves to be outside and usually falls
asleep on the way! I especially LOVE to see the baby horsie. I take the long way home just to drive by it everyday! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think not only does your mom like riding her pink bike, so does my dad.