Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lions & Tigers & Bears...

... OH MY!



I love Sundays! At home I love them because it’s the Sabbath and I get to stay home and be with my family [or roommates] and eat a good meal or two and just hang out. BUT, having Sabbath on Saturday makes lots of room for Sunday to be a totally free day. We eat breakfast in the morning, they give us a sack lunch and set us free.

Mary Jane really wanted to go to the Biblical Zoo of Israel. I was all about it, I love the zoo and haven’t been to one in forever. We ended up with a group of 9 and got a van [taxi] to take us to the far side of west Jerusalem. It was probably a 20 minute drive. I always get so lost … this place is so hilly and the roads are so curvy and windy… [not to mention the drivers drive INSANE, so my eyes are often CLOSED] that by the time we drive for 5 minutes I have no idea where we are. 
Crocodile Dundee?

If you want to see a great video of Camila telling the bears to give her a "kees", ask me.

Heather and I with the Penguins!


Strange BIRD!

Ya, we rode horse.
Camila was DYING to ride the Train! It was so fun!
Birdies!


Look! It's like our goat PATRICK! So cute and So little!!
This was in the Biblical part of the "Biblical Zoo" ... a RAM

NOAH'S ARK!!! :) Look at Brookie, haha she's so HAPPY to be on the Ark.

We got to the zoo at about 10 and walked around for 3 hours. It was a beautiful day, not too hot! We saw all the usual zoo animals and then several that were different...  It was a really fun morning. We ate our lunches in a shady spot and then when we had seen all that was there to see we headed to the Jerusalem Mall.

YEESSSSSS…. I love the mall. [why does a mall make me SO happy? Always has. I just like walking around and seeing familiar stores and going in to really unfamiliar stores, SO FUN.] It was HUGE [sorry mj, I know you hate that word].  H&M was a big hit. I got a new dress, a cardigan and cute shirt. … it was cheap too, that never happens in Israel. Ever. 

Camila, Brookie, Juan, Me, MJ and Steph... Let it be known Juan was the biggest shopper of us all! One time we couldn't find him... ya, he was in the dressing room of a store! hehe. love that.

No comments: