Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Growing up I always thought everyone had a dad like mine. He plays sports, taught me how to catch a softball, kick a soccer ball, and i knew he was really good at football. He always coached our teams. He hiked with us, swam with us, he did it all.


If something is broken, my dad always fixes it... it doesn't matter if it is the stove, the light bulb or the sprinkler system. He is constantly doing projects, takes care of the yard, does pest control and makes sure everything is in working order.


When we go on vacation, or anywhere really, my dad has a plan and he knows where everything is, we don't get lost and we don't worry. Sometimes he drives all night long, while we sleep! He loves the beach and makes it so fun and acts like a little kid at Disneyland, it's the best.


He can act interested in any conversation, well that's because he is interested and people love him. He always can contribute, I tell you the man knows something about everything... we always tease him that he's making it up!


The older and older I have gotten [I am 25 now, remember?] the more I have realized that not everyone has a dad like mine. I feel so blessed! I love you, dad! Happy Father's Day!

Moonlight beach, last summer
Britt and Dad at Yogurtini over Christmas Break, 2011

All of us at a musical we went to over Christmas Break
At the Beach, 2011
Dad and I at my Birthday Party, 2010
This is the only photo I have with my Dad and me and Rocky in it! Sheesh, I guess it was the last real time that we were all together! sad! We are in desperate need of some family photos. Britt- plan it! for August!

My dad's favorite wife... and his favorite daughter! :) Couldn't exclude us on Father's Day!!! :)
Britt and I at Sarah's bridal shower! My dad is lucky to have us! ... just ask him

At moonlight beach, 2010.. i am squeezing his arm so he'll smile normal! :)
Hiking over Christmas Break, 2011
Mother's Day, 2011, Oklahoma


I also have the best grandpa in the whole wide world! [my dad might have learned a thing or two from him]

He has been to every dance recital, band concert, choir performance and sporting event his grandkids have had! He is always so excited to talk to me when I call and when I come home he makes sure I get plenty of pool time! It's great to have your grandparents as neighbors.

He is the king of treats! He will always have a Little Debbie of some sort in his freezer, he likes them best frozen, and he always loves to share.

Grandpa knows everybody. I don't care if we're on the beach or in the woods or at home... he knows everyone and he knows their life stories. 

I love you, grandpa! Happy Father's Day!



Grandpa with a gang of boys he made friends with last year at Canyon Point

Britt, Grandpa and I at Canyon Point, 2010

Sophie and Grandpa, Canyon Point, 2011

Dad and Grandpa playing Ping Pong... Christmas 2011

Grandma, Grandpa and I. Easter 2012
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments: