Monday, March 2, 2009

Where art thou Spring???

Hello Hello everyone!

Life is GOOD here in Green Bay! I love the work and the success that we are seeing… however, it is March 2nd and I am expecting spring to be here! Unfortunately, I just saw a member here in the UWGB library and he told me that the high for today is ZERO. I am not a fan!

[MONDAY] We taught Jeff at the Millet’s. It was nothing short of AmAzing!! He loves what we teach and he knows it is true. We taught him about the Atonement… he has a lot going on in his life right now that can be made right thru the atonement. Preach My Gospel says, “Everything that is unfair about life can be made right through the atonement of Jesus Christ”. I love that and I truly do believe that! Volleyball with the elders went good, it was weird because we had so many new faces, yet TEAM BLACK still won!

[Tuesday] We had Zone Conference!!! It was like being back at the MTC for a day. We were taught SO much about the atonement and repentance. President Barrett used the analogy of the tree of life and the gulf of misery and woe. How do we help people across that gulf when they are at the great and spacious building, but want to be at the iron rod? [Read 1 Nephi chapter 15] Christ is the lifeline. He can take people across the gulf. I loved Zone Conference and I got to see sister warner. We sat next to each other the whole time! Miss her! That night we also went with the Huntley’s for a Fat Tuesday pancake dinner at their church … it was so fun and Beth introduced us to all her friends, she is amazing. I love the Huntley’s. It will be a great day when they accept the Book of Mormon. THE BEST NEWS OF TUESDAY: Institute was AmAzing: we had 2 members, 1 less active and 3 non-members there! It was overwhelming. The non-members, who are actually our investigators, participated the most. Bro. Carlsruh, the institute teacher, was overwhelmed!

[Wednesday] We played volleyball with the women and then had lunch afterwards. We had exchanges, I went with Jennifer Ribbens, I love that girl! She is like my sister here in Wisconsin. I would DIE without her here. After exchanges we went to Perkins with Sister Doucette. I have the best chicken melt sandwich ever- I didn’t even know I liked chicken melts! Yum!

[Thursday] We had a crazy day on Thursday. Sister Bryner was really sick with a cold so we went to lunch at Molly and Jed Summer’s, it was Jed’s 30th! Happy Birthday Jed! (molly always makes the BEST food). Afterwards s. bryner went to bishop huzzey’s home to take a nap and I went out with Jenni. While we were out it started snowing… HARD! We got an inch an hour! So we went back to the Huzzey’ and then home for s. Bryner to sleep and I caught up on letter writing. I am determined NOT to get sick. I have done good so far. Everyone else around me has had it… but I am drinking lots of water, exercizing, eating good and sleeping and washing my hands, yes a bit obsessive, but I loathe sickness!

[Friday] We spent the day at UWGB. We taught 3 students: Julieann, Amy and Rachel. That is AmAzing because 2 months ago we weren’t teaching ANY students. Amy is ready to be baptized and told us so. She is nervous to tell her very Baptist parents, but we fasted with her yesterday and she knows the Lord is with her. She is telling them this week. I love her. She strolled in to the church about a month ago and now is ready for baptism. She has stepped in to help us with the LDSSA too. She is so great. She seems like she’s been a member all her life- she has so much faith. I really do believe that the Lord is preparing people for us to teach! It’s all about timing.

[Saturday] We played games with the Ribbens, had dinner with Rick Alcorta and his girlfriend Amber and then had a game night with the YSA’s!!!

[Sunday] What a great fast Sunday! I was able to bear my testimony in Relief Society. We had dinner and a lesson at the Huzzey’s. I succumbed and participated in an oreo eating contest. I was on elder jolley’s team. We took second. Ha. First time he ever didn’t win. Oops! My fault. It was a relay. Who can eat 2 oreos the fastest. I am a slow eater, what can I say! I love the Huzzey’s.

I have such a testimony of hard work and diligence. Because we are working hard and being diligent the Lord is blessing us here in Green Bay. It is such a great feeling to drag in the apartment at nine every night and look at all we did that day. Nothing is possible without the guidance of the spirit. I am so happy to be on a mission at this time in my life. I am so grateful for a family that supports me so much! You’re amazing! I look forward to every tape, letter and email! I love you!

Love, sister black

1 comment:

Susan and Don said...

What a great way to share your mission with all your fans back home! I miss you and know you are an awesome missionary.