Monday, March 30, 2009

We got transfer calls AND....

I'm Staying!!!!


I am SO happy I am going to spend another six weeks here in green bay. It really does feel like home! After this transfer I will have been here 6 months!!! AH! that is so crazy! 1/3 [at least] of my mission will be spent here in this AMAZING city.

Wisconsin is FINALLY warming up... kind of. We got 3 inches of snow yesterday, but then the sun came out and it all melted and people were all over outside at the parks and schools playing soccer, baseball, football etc. In wisconsin when the sun comes out so do the people. I keep hearing how the people in Wisconsin LIVE outside in the spring and summer because they are so SO sick of their homes. I believe it. All the girls at church are wearing white opened toed sandals and heels and shorter spring skirts - EVEN IN THE SNOW YESTERDAY. Sarah dean wore her boots in the door then changed to her sandals. It was funny. I on the other hand am still feelin cold and am not ready to shed any layers.. YET. but after conference we don't have to wear nylons anymore so I am getting excited for it to be warm enough where I won't want to!!!

Friday night was our YSA activity... BATTLE ROYALE: HUMAN CHESS... can you tell I let the elders name it? HA it was a really good time. Amy, s bryner and I cut paper from the big rolls at uwgb and made 2x2 squares to make a chess board on the gym floor at the church. THe elders were in charge of costumes (i love delegating!!! :) They worked so hard and did SUCH a great job of getting the perfect costume for each piece on the board. They came to the conclusion that they HATE shopping. THey went SO many places looking for crowns, swords, shields etc etc. They ended up making the two crowns for the kings at the robertsons ... HAHA it was a site to behold. I have pictures of that I will send home soon (i attatched one of us trying out the costumes).... We had about 40 YSA's come (young single adults). THey brought their friends and we had lots of less actives and potential investigators in attendance to, that's when you KNOW it is a good activity. Plus, S. warner made the 45 minute drive from appleton and they brought their YSAs too. It was so good to see her. OH she is training by the way... again. I am excited for her.

Sunday we, the elders and the sisters, taught primary. It was the 5th sunday so we taught about our families. E Oldham comes from a family of 11 kids so we let him show the kids a t shirt he has with a pic of his whole family and then we played family bingo and sang songs. I LOVE the GREEN BAY 1st ward! I don't ever want to leave this place. I feel like I have known all these families and their children FOR YEARS!!

The work was kind of slow this week- it was spring break for all the public schools so all of our investigators were GONE! I hate it when it is slow... so i am excited for this week to pick up.

Elder Jolley is being transferred. I am sad he is leaving, he was my first zone leader and now all the originals in my book will be gone from GB... but I know that change is good, it keeps things fresh. Bishop Huzzey is very sad he is leaving, lots of families are. . . he is so good at connecting with people. THe Ribbens will really miss him too!

WELP... that is really all for now! Keep those letters coming... you guys are doing so good! keepin me busy writing back! I love and miss all of you!

GMA and GPA... I got the TAPE. THAT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK! Sarah- YOU SENT ME THE BEST LETTER EVER! I am excited for you and have a letter to send back to you this week.

I love you. love, sister pamella jo black

No comments: