Monday, March 16, 2009

LUCKY DAY

Spring is HERE!!!!

Ok… so perhaps I am a little TOO excited! But, mom you said it best in your e-mail! It’s in the double DIGITS! It was 54* yesterday! I am in total disbelief. Today I am wearing short sleeves, thin tights, flats and my American Eagle jacket with the fur on the inside. LIFE IS GOOD! Everyone keeps saying, “I saw a Robin” [ps, have you ever heard a robin? Their chirps are SO cute and happy and remind me of snow white or Cinderella or something! J]. Apparently, that is a sure sign of spring! Woo hoo! I am warned that we will still have snow storms, but that the snow only lasts 48 hours or so. Yeah! I woke up this morning to the sound of birds, I loved that! It reminds me of waking up at home to the sound of all the birds singing in our big pine tree! I’ve missed that the past 4.5 months!!! I am excited to see Wisconsin Green!

So … about my week. It was nothing short of AmAzing [according to mom that is my “word”, sorry I have no better way to express it!]!!!! I love love love green bay and I love the green bay 1st ward. I never understood how important members were to missionary work until my mission!!! We would not be ½ as effective if we did not have members who introduce us to their friends and find people for us to teach! The members of the Green Bay First Ward are bold! They love the Savior and want others to reap the blessing that come from membership here in His TRUE church on the earth! They reach out in love and service to those around them, by doing so they’ve created a whole NETWORK of people that want to know WHY they are so happy. That’s where we come in… we teach them! I love that, I will be such a better member missionary when I get home. Read this TALK … it is by Elder Eyring , it is SO good and helps us know our place in missionary work.

Monday we had dinner and then FHE at the Huzzey’s, Amy came as did Avarice, one of our new investigators. Avarice prayed for the first time that night for our closing prayer. He is phenomenal. I love him already. He is a senior at Preble. He came to church with Brandon, who he met thru the Marines. He said when he walked in to Brandons house he had the warmest feelings in his chest, he wanted to feel that all the time. I was able to teach him about the Holy Ghost, and that that is how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ speak to us. He was excited and couldn’t wait to learn more. [side note: the Huzzey’s are so great. There door is ALWAYS open to us and they are always having get togethers in their home. Our investigators NEED that and love them.]

Tuesday was district meeting and interviews with President Barrett. That man knows me so well and is SO in tune with the spirit. He has a great love of his missionaries and of the work. We also attended soup for the soul at UWGB and institute.

Wednesday we played volleyball with the women. They keep telling me how good I am getting… HAHA my head is gettin’ a little big on the subject. I love the game and it is such a GREAT out for me! You have to play volleyball in Wisconsin or you’d go CRAZY staying indoors and doing nothing in the winter. That day we went on exchanges with the women in the relief society, Sister North and Sister Biolo. They’re both great missionaries. I went with Tamara North and she introduced me to two of her friends! It was amazing. Tamara is so good at following the spirit. The achievement day girls made dinner for us and the elders- a potato bar. Mmmm my favorite! They were so cute and SO excited to have us. We felt like celebrities when they were fighting over where we sat! haha That night was mutual.

Thursday we planned out our next week. I can’t believe how FAST time flies on a mission!!!! I have been out 4.5 months! That doesn’t seem possible! We had a cottage meeting that night at the Carlsruh’s. They are the best! They ordered pizza. We ate and talked about the plan of Salvation with Corry and Amy and Dillon and Julie! Good times!

Friday we taught Avarice the first lesson. HE LOVED IT! He is SO in tune with the spirit. He committed to read the BOM and pray about it. We had dinner with AMY at el serape right before her BAPTISM!!!!!! Amy made Friday march 13, 2009 a LUCKY DAY! She really helped me to learn that the LORD does prepare people for us to teach! I am so happy I was able to see her learn so quickly, in less than a month!!! What a blessing she was to me! President Kreihble (stake pres) President Barrett (mission pres) and Bishop Huzzey were on the stand. She had SO many people there to support her. Her family were not in attendance, but that didn’t seem to bother her. She knows it’s true and is simply happy they didn’t disown her! She has such faith. The ward loves her. President Barrett is going to have her keep in contact and coordinate with all the new convert YSA’s and all the LDSSA’s in our mission. She is a great blessing to missionary work. She is a great friend to me! I will attach her conversion story. I wish I could attach the pictures but these computers are lame and not letting me do it today! I will see if Amy can email the pics to britt and she can post them on my blog.

Saturday we went on exchanges with Amy and Jrib [Jennifer ribbens]. They are both amazing and have such a great spirit about themselves. I would be lost without them. We had dinner at the Brudnicki’s. I love that family. Bro Brudnicki reminds me of my dad! I love it! He is a constant tease! It was Max Brudnicki’s 13th birthday!!!

Sunday we got a new Ward Mission Leader! Brother Jim Carlsruh! (he is coming to AZ soon and is going to bring the fam a package from me! J he’ll be in tempe. Mom and dad I want you to take him to dinner. He is AMAZING. You will love him!) I am sad Bro Robertson has been released. But bro carlsruh will do a great job. Elder Jolley confirmed amy a member of the church!!!! We went to the Ribben’s for dinner. They are like my own family. I was able to explore their woodsy backyard!!! So fun. They have a cool backyard. It was the first time I had seen it without snow! We had dinner with all the missionaries and amy and the whole Ribbens fam! I LOVE THEM! We then retaught the first lesson to avarice at the torbensons. He had lots of questions and committed to pray to know last night. I am excited to call him today and see how it went!!!

I love being a missionary. I love green bay. I love SPRING! I love my family, my friends and my home ward for being so SUPPORTIVE of me and my mission! You’re always in my prayers! Thanks for everything! [write me!]

Happy Spring! Love, sister pamella jo black

Ps… happy birthday sister warner! I love you!

No comments: