Tuesday, February 24, 2009


HELLO ALL!!!

Welp I don't have much time AT ALL today, next week will be better... I promise. So today I will just give you highlights of the week:

*s.warner was transferred. K that is NOT a highlight, but a reality rather. I miss her more than I ever thought possible. She was transferred down to Winnebego which is near appleton. SHe works with the Young Single Adult Branch. I was happy she's only 45 minutes away. She will still work with the YSA's here in GB too. so that's good. I get to see her tonight, she's coming up for Family HOme EVENING and tomorrow we have Zone Conference with the appleton zone so I will see her there! We have talked every day on the phone. she's a keeper.
*s. bryner is my new companion. transfers are always hard. we're adjusting. It's hard not to compare her to s.warner but i am learning. she has been out 7 1/2 months. She's from Idaho Falls and she is a BYU-I student studying interior design, she's the youngest of 5. nice girl. She’s still the driver, she’s been out longer, not a big deal to me BC I get the CELL PHONE!!!!! I still sleep with the thing, ha!
* I was way stressed about how I was going to find my way around minus s.warner and her GPS. S. bryner came on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning I got a package from GRANDMA and GRANDPA with my very own GPS in it! I love my new garmin. Thanks- you guys are the BEST.
*We had a sockhop on Saturday, it was a tri-ward thing. I taught them all how to do the cotton-eyed jo line dance. It was SO fun. And we had 4 nonmember UWGB students come and they fit right in. Joselyn and Annie Robertson, and Jessica Dean did an AmAzing job decorating and setting up and planning. [We came and helped them sat afternoon and I kinda got bossy and Sister Lisa Robertson just laughed at me. Her oldest Joselyn and I are a LOT alike. I love the Robertson family. ] The sockhop was a definite success and lots of non-members and less-actives came despite the foot of snow we got that day! Woo hoo!
*I gave olivia Robertson(3) a big lollipop at church yesterday and she smiled, hugged me and said, "You're DA best!" haha
*Today I got the best package from Sarah! I love the letter and the Pictures! I miss my little girls! I got a great v-day package from steph last week too. Thanks! I love getting mail!!!!!
*Today we are playing volleyball with the elders and team black is SO going to win!! I’ll give the score next week! I have a lot of pent up energy I am excited to dispel!!!
*Tonight we are teaching Heather MIlletts friend Jeff the 2nd lesson and having the 1st ever YSA[young single adult] FHE [family home evening] at the church [and s.warner is coming and bringing a bunch of ysa’s from winnebego]

SO there you go… there are the highlights, I gotta go! Today I am TAKING A NAP! Thanks for the advice mom. She told me to rest… I am doing it! Haha
I love Green Bay! I can’t imagine leaving! Hopefully I am here the rest of this transfer and next. We shall see!!!! I love the elders we serve around. They are such great examples to me, they don’t even know it. They are my lifeline since s.warner is gone. I am constantly bouncing ideas off of them.
I love the work I am able to be apart of and see the blessings in my life, the lives of those around me and definitely in the LIVES of my FAMILY! It is such a blessing to be out here! I LOVE MY LIFE!!!
I will write a better email next week!!!!! I love you all!

Love, sister pamella jo black

1 comment:

Harshes said...

i have to admit...i have not kept up on your blog. i didn't know you were updating it or that you could! but, i wanna say HI!!!! now that i know you are!