Monday, March 23, 2009

FINDING FAITH IN CHRIST



Hello all,

So just to be up front- this is going to be by far the shortest email i have sent yet... sorry... i just don't have a lot of time today.

However, I don't really have too much to say anyways. SO i will tell you the best part of my week:

Saturday I got to go to the CHICAGO TEMPLE! It was glorious! First of all sister bryner and I traveled with Bro and Sis Whiting [wayne & sue]. I really felt like i was with my parents for the day. it was crazy how many things they did that remined me of them! The trip is about 3 hours ... it was fun. I curled up with a blanket and pillow in the back and talked the whole way there!

We got in for the 12p session! I LOVE THE FEELINGS I HAVE IN THE TEMPLE. Such peace! I love the things I learn in the temple- it really is a school! It helps me to understand SO much the plan that Heavenly Father has for us! Also, it is crazy how real that plan becomes in the temple. It's like the connector piece - it helps everything fit together just right in my mind. I love that the temple is the place where we can know that we can be SEALED to our families for TIME and ALL ETERNITY! What a blessing. When I am in the temple I feel so "at home".

At 2p the ward and all the youth came to do baptisms! It was a beautiful 2 hours to see all the kids I love so much do work for people who lived full lives, but need that sacred ordinance to progress. D&C 138 really explains all of that well. AMY BROWN came too and so did Jrib! I love being in the temple with friends. Amy even brought a name from her family to be baptized for! While there she saw a bride walk by and felt confirmation in her heart that the temple is the ONLY place on earth where we can be sealed to our families! She is an AmAzing girl and a great friend and an AWESOME contributor the the work and to the ward!

On the way home amy came back with us. We stopped and ate at cracker barrell! it made me think of you grandma and grandpa! I hope the whitings daughter who is on a mission in colorado has a family around them like her parents who take good care of her, just like her parents take care of us!!

I love this gospel! I love my Savior. I watched FINDING FAITH IN CHRIST last night. Ask the missionaries for a copy. it's good. It helped strengthen my testimony of Christ.

I love love love you all!!! -love, sister pamella jo black

No comments: