Tuesday, November 18, 2008

your little missionary girl



HI Family!!!

Well once again the time is ticking down, 26 minutes to write this! only right now it's only 6:24AM! Ya I know! Crazy! Today, tuesday, is Pday and the best time to do laundry is early... at like 6. so that's what we do! I just don't talk to anyone til about 8. I think it is for the greater good. I think all the girls finally get me... i'm not mad, i just don't want to talk to you this early! :) I tried to smile but that ends up looking painful so i stopped.

Before I get in to the heart of things... what's with the mail system? HA i think it takes my hand written letters almost a week to get to you!!! that's ridiculous!! I send letters out on tuesday on you all get them on saturday. Maybe they don't pick up mail from the mtc everyday? that's wierd. I don't know, but i figured it would take only a day or two.

Well I GOT MY FLIGHT PLANS ON FRIDAY!!! Yeah! YOu want to know what they are? well i can't tell you!! HAHA chill out mom yes i can. Here they are: Depart november 25th from SLC at 9:24 on flight 584 to Denver with frontier Airlines arriving at 10:50. Then our connecting flight in denver is flight 370 at 11:30 arriving in Milwaukee at 2:43 also with frontier!! Isn't that exciting? I leave the MTC a week from today! I can't believe it! I don't want to leave this little bubble where I get to learn and everyone is so helpful and everything is geared to help me!! but I will and I will love it i am sure! There are four people in my flight group, I am the travel leader... aka I babysit the elders and make sure they don't do anything stupid. I am already prepping them for the flight. But they are convinced they will sit behind me and kick my seat the whole way! in that case they will die!

SO i have written a whole lot of nothing so far... sorry it's early, i will hand write letters later today, after a much needed nap...

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO IS SO DILLIGENTLY WRITING ME!!! I am such a lucky girl to have such good friends and family. I have gotten at LEAST one letter a day. yesterday i got 10! Most of those were the NIENIE dialogues... but I still love hearing from you all. Keep it up! dearelder goes to my mission,,, doesn't it?

I Got 2 packages in one day last week... cinomman rolls(i know that is not spelled right, but deal with it? ok... I ONLY HAVE 14 minuteS!!!) haha the funny thing is i think the elders only use like 10 min on email. they don't understand why i get so nervous... haha i am longwinded... as just demonstrated. ok so ya those ROLLS were SO good! are so good! I still have some. ALl of us in my hall have had some. AND Grandma and grandpa!... thanks for the protein bars... they are saving my life here! now i can just take one to the cafeteria and spare myself of the intersting entree... like yesterday- enchiladas... i was so excited ya they had velveeta or nacho cheese or something in the middle... i am so NOT a fan. I miss my homemade tamales and mexican food!! for sure. Just food for thought... please send all heavy packages to wisconsin... i have to make my luggage meet the weight requirements.... thank you! I love you guys! i feel loved ... the elders feel abandoned with one or two letters a week when I get 20!! I love to hear about your day to day life! It keeps me going!!

OK ... so everyone who has written me.. i am so sorry i can not write you all back! Missionary life is SO busy! Every second is planned. but I have heard from ALyssa Badertscher! she is a favorite for sure! Alyssa you'd love a mission! Sister Stork! that was such a pleasant surprise! and Cami King! thanks cami!! let your kids write me! i'd love that!

DId you all get the pics i sent yet? well we took more on sunday and will take more this week... when i am in WI i will send my chip home so you can post pics on my blog. i have lots of chips so that will work great. BRITT WHERE IS MY IPOD?? i love your letters too ps. you ramble on in your letter just like in real life. and i laugh. out loud usually because of your ridiculousness! don't get offended. its good. haha i let sis baldwin a sister read your letters all the time. she thinks you're funny too. anyways I feel like i have taken a vow of silence!! PLEASE have it waiting for me in WI! thanks princess...

Grandma and Grandpa, I am handwriting you a letter today but i lvoe you guys... AH 3 minutes. this is ridiculous I am going to get an ulcer!! haaha I got the letter about sophie and chloe! i miss them! A LOT! write me sarah!!! I LVOE YOU ALL.. k I LOVE you all!! MISs you and think of you EVERY DAY! THIS GOSPEL IS ALL ABOUT FAMILIES... they are forever!!! thank goodness!!!

love your little missionary girl!!

SIS pamella jo black!!

write me emails too!!! I didn't have any in the inbox!

2 comments:

Steph Weaver said...

Brit...hey, do I respond to her email or what? I am new to this whole missionary thing...how does it work? Great work, once again! You are awesome!
Love,
Steph

Steph Weaver said...

ps...I am feeling so helpless that I can't pick up the phone and call this girl right now...we need to talk! What is your email Brit??