Friday, November 28, 2008

News from a Packer

What a Cheesehead.

Hello Family!! I am here in GREENBAY! I am so excited. I love it already.. of all the places i could go they send the phoenix girl to GREENBAY? ha but it is great! My companion/trainor is AmAzing. Sis warner. she is from LA... and we freeze together. she has only been here 3 months and she is already training. that is a testament of how amazing she is!!! haha She's 23, she's cute, we get dressed every morning and actually look cute and we have a GREAT area. We have the whole greenbay area, plus door county which is a little peninsula. Apparently it is beautiful in the fall. Mom- we'll have to go there in the fall after the mission. you would love it here... minus the wind. IT IS ALWAYS BLOWING> don't worry... i have already gotten warmer clothes.. mainly tights and leg warmers.

Oh steph... before I forget. I flew in to Milwaukee on Tuesday and the first thing we did was go downtown and talk to people/ sing hymns in one of the parks (Milwaukee has parks EVERYWHERE! I love it) decorated for Christmas by the elementary school. It was so fun. But my mission President said that someday i will have to go to White Fish Bay bc it is the cutest little community! Isn't that where you looked? I am almost sure that it is! I am so in love with the architecture here steph. It is beautiful.

Mom- this is where all our TLC and HGTV shows are filmed... i am convinced. so great. people love their pets here. I am so SO sick of cats and dogs... every house has at least one... except my favorite investigators- the huntleys. beth the mom is so proper... no pets for her.. too dirty! hallelugiah!

k so thanksgiving am, which was my first whole day here in GB, we went to do service at a turkey trot like the one Reg and I ran in 2 years ago. We passed out t-shirts, it was great. I didn't know my mission would be this fun. WE DO TONS OF SERVICE, i love it. we met 2 potential investigators there who were volunteering too. in WI all the kids have to have 24 hrs of comm service to graduate HS. Zerick, yes Zerick (17), and his mom wendy were doing service to meet his hrs. We're going to recruit them to do some svc with us at the botanical gardens coming up bc he needs more svc. After that we went and visited our investigators and less actives and then went to the brundickies for dinner. thanksgiving dinner! it was great. they are an amazing family. they have a daughter at byu. we watched the movie sons of provo with them and then played catch phrase and apples to apples. it was a good day. I thought of home though! How did thanksgiving go with BOTH sides of the family all together? good? tell me how it went! YOu're off the hook for a long time now right mom?

After dinner we went to the huntleys for pie and hot chocolate (coffee is HUGE HERE! they all love it, but since we're missionaries they gave us Hot chocolate) . it was good to meet their family. they are investigators who have a STRONG methodist background. they love us though. beth's parents were there. they love me! :) haha jk we'll get them though. they just need to be mormon. the spirit dwells in their home, she is a great mom and he's a great dad. I am excited for them.

TATUM HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON THE 1st!!! I love you!!!

We are also big on the University of Wisconsin Greenbay Campus. it is so fun to be on a college campus. they know NOTHING of mormons. we are doing a booth here called mormon myth busters next week where people can put questions in a box then holding a seminar to answer the questions and have dinner. I am excited. We get to do lots of creative things like that.

We work with the elders a lot which is fun. OUr ward has 2 sets of missionaries. us and the elders. we get east of the fox river and they get west. but we still do lots with them and sometimes team up teaching families with both of us. I love our elders.

Oh i saw elder goldman on wednesday during transfers, he went home today. he loved it here and they love him. good kid. it was fun to see someone i knew.

This morning was the wards Football turkey bowl, they do it the day after. sis warner and i went and played. yes i played. crazy i know. it was SO Fun. and the huntleys came (the dad, and 3 sons: 19, 12, 5)! they got to meet more men and boys and have fun. I did well. lets just leave it at that, and i have some bruises! from 2 hand TOUCH!!! crazy!

Football is HUGE here. HUGE! every kid plays! Go Packers! seriously it is out of control. K i know i have rambled and rambled but i was so excited to email. life is SO good for me! I love WI! I could live here! The people are all so nice and so great! the weather is cold... but bearable for now. Everyone that hears I am from phx just laughs.our apt has 2 bedrooms and 2 baths.. so we each have our own bathroom.. SO NICE and then a study and our room. a big closet too :)

SEND ALL MY STUFF TO THIS ADDRESS FROM NOW ON!

Sister Black
2970 Mossy Oak Circle #85
Greenbay, WI 54311

mom- did you send my box throught the USPS?? let me know... SOON. EMAIL ME! EMAIL ME EMAIL ME! I will check this again on monday!!!


Right now i am on the UWGB campus. k i know this was all over the place. i will do a better job on monday. but its great here. great. ps i played football today, just in sweats and a long sleeve shirt. be proud be proud!

Brittany, I love you SO much! Happy 19!! you are the best! really you are! you have a card on it's way! i cannot believe you are almost out of your teens. feel old? he hee. thanks for being my blogwatcher! I hear you did a great job with the design of it! thanks a million! keep mom sane!

Dad i love you! where are my 2 a day dearelders? i'm dying here!!! will you be sure to email me at this address and tell me how you sent my box, please? and just one dearelder every day will work (or every two days at the VERY LEAST!) you all take turns! everyone write me a different day! I like getting mail everyday! am i a brat? maybe, but you know you like it.

I love being a missionary. this is the greatest mission EVER!! I love it here. We are so.... NORMAL. don't know much else how to put it. love it. k I will talk to you all later. hope thanksgiving went great. and your birthday mom.

Steph, sorry i know your messages get all jumbled in here, but just wanted to do one big one today... I won't always do this. but tell the childrens hi for me and that i love them~ especially my little Edawg. haha umm so EMAIL me or write me or whatever, but what's your story? Give me the scoop. and don't be ridiculous and go all missionary on me. haha just WRite me! i am having withdrawals.

K I love ALL of you! hey rocky! hey grandma! I am about due for another pedicure!! and manicure for that matter, last time i painted my nails was with Layners in the mtc... to match my toes! hhaaha gma- we're gettin one the minute i come off the plane! haha it's too cold for my toes to ever show now! i wear tights and leg warmers everyday... pretty cute! i love leg warmers.

k random... i know. i am really going now!! i lvoe you all! bye!!

Ps the church is true and missionary work makes me SO happy. I love it!

PSS Hi Chandler and Brady! How are you elders!? I know i know... mass emails suck. i have a lot to say to everyone though... get over it! I love being a missionary though. this is the LIFE!!! you two are both bad about this lately. write me punks!!!


oh and mom and dad... you are going to love coming back and visiting with me. this place is so SO beautiful! and i get to go to chicago a few times to go to the temple!!! yeah!

1 comment:

brittany said...

Steph,

I just got your comment! I laughed out loud. It was the first thing that came to mind as I was reading the email. I hope this is a correct version.

Love,
brit