Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Call...

Ring Ring Ring

Missionary life is tough on mothers. My grandma and mother are going a little nuts, this is said in the best possible way. They miss our Sister Black, and just want to talk to her. I came home last night because of the Thanksgiving holiday, this means I got to wake up in my bed... A lovely morning it is when I wake up to that.

Let me tell you how I woke up: My grandma is shaking me awake, my mom is walking around crying talking on the phone. My grandma keeps saying, "Where is your cell phone? Call your dad." Well, I am thinking: "Pam is sick, hurt, needs help."

NO
, she got to call because she is getting on the plane and leaving to Wisconsin today. Oh my goodness. I was half awake calling my dad giving him a phone number. I love me mom so much. She is brilliant, but she asked while I was giving the phone number, "Is dad going to call Pamella?" "No mom. He said, 'Nahh, I am good.' Of course he is going to call!"

So it was a quite a morning in the Black house. It was so nice to talk to Sister Black. Although, she did raise her voice to me and tell me to hold on. Not a missionary quality. And my mother hogged the phone, so I got to talk to her for like a second. She told my mom "Knock it off mom, stop crying."

Sister Black loves the MTC, she said it was like home. And we asked her if she was excited to go to Milwaukee. She said yes, but then said it was hard to explain what it was like but told us funny stories about the Elders. All the Elders have girlfriends, and that makes them all laugh.

Sister Black said, "Thanks Sister Lee for writing her! (I believe that the correct name... sorry if its wrong.) And thanks for all my letters! I love when I get letters! So write write write write. Why doesn't Stephanie e-mail me?"

Haha, so she asked for pictures. Please send her happy uplifting pictures.

My mom's birthday is tomorrow, and I worry that no present can top this call.

4 comments:

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

Thanks to Pam's sister for the blog and all the upadates. It is pretty fun to see how she is doing and loving her mission. I know how your mom feels as I had 4 missionaries and especially my youngest daughter was missed so much. these blogs are Godsent and are so great to see the progress of missionaries. I am Pam's former bishop's wife from Chatam Towne. I will send her a snail mail soon.
love Sister Lee

Steph Weaver said...

So...I am a slacker, I know. If it makes it any better I have been putting together a package to send to Milwaukee. My kids are writing, I am sending pics and treats too. Brit...can I just email her at her account or do I have to use that elder website? What now, she isn't at the MTC anymore...I am confused!

I can picture the chaos at your house during the call...hilarious. And, I can picture Sis. Black telling everyone to calm down! I love it!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

brittany said...

Steph,

Email her at her account. That is the easiest way. She can only check the emails on her "P" days, which we are unsure of when that is right now. She will be so happy to recieve a package from the Weavers.

Steph, I thought someone died that morning. It was extremely wayy to intense. So today we went out and bought two voice recorders. Ha ha. Mission life is new to us.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Steph Weaver said...

Brit...I am going to email you, but I just read Pam's latest email. I know she doesn't send it to everyone, but you need to edit it before you post it if you are going to...ha ha!

I am in a hurry, but will write soon!

I love Pam...and her fam!