Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Snow... ICE :(

Saturday morning I was going with my ward to volunteer at the Festival of Trees. I woke up, earlier than desired for a Saturday morning, got dressed (in church clothes, which means black heals), and left in a rush. When I opened my front door I was SO surprised to see SnOw! It had been raining for a few days and finally the snow I had wished for came. So I walked down the sidewalk and after about 5 steps I realized I was not wearing the best shoes for the occasion. I almost tasted death by slipping like 10 times in a matter of 3 minutes. My joy for the snow was dampened when we started driving in it! It was ridiculous, we saw 2 cars spin out of control of the freeway, right in front of us (2 cars lengths away). There were accidents in every direction once we exited, I was SOO scared. I decided at that moment that I would not be one to drive in the snow!!! I don't go anywhere anyways, but my weekly (bi-weekly) trips to the mall are now going to be forfeited if there is snow. Thank goodness for online shopping! (mom and dad: that is a joke! :)

Having not ever really lived in the snow, I didn't realize that with snow comes ICE. I bought Dr. Martens thinking they'd have good traction, but they don't. I seriously almost slip and fall daily. Everyone on campus has a story about the time they slipped and fell on the ice and they were so embarrassed. It is my goal to not have such a story! haha All in all I am liking the weather so far. I love to get ready for the day because there are just SO many accessories I can choose from!

So here are some pictures of my own little winter wonderland that brittani and I took on our walk this past sunday. Snow is absolutely beautiful. The trees are my favorite!




































2 comments:

layne said...

i LOVE these pictures!!! you're so talented!!! love you tons pamella black

Steph Weaver said...

Pam...who needs ice to slip and fall and have an EMBARASSSING story? Give me rain and rubber flip flops AND a fresh pedicure so my feet are extra slippery!!! The snow is so pretty though!