Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Icicles & Year-end Parties

This past weekend we had quite the snow storm! We got 4 inches of snow in a matter of about 5 hours on Saturday! It was a Blizzard! I was driving back from Salt Lake and it took us 2.5 hours to get home! I love experiencing weather though, it's all so new to me! I love seeing the icicles, they are everywhere. The high today was 30 degrees, I feel like it gets colder in the afternoon than first thing in the morning. It's weird. I know I am probably lame for giving an update on the weather, but I don't think you understand how much I feel like a fish out of water!!! I thought icicles would melt during the day, ya, they don't!

The weather is pretty intense and so is my schedule these days... Since thanksgiving break it's been go go go! My spanish class had a little fiesta! It was extra credit to come and sing and dance to a little song we practiced in class. I felt like I was in second grade again!! The party was worth extra credit though!




Sonya and I made friends with Jenna and Ryan in our class. We all got along so great and our study parties often extended to my house and almost always included dinner!






















We have ended the semester with some fun activities outside of school too. Sonya and I decided to be social and go with Adam and Brodie to BYU's Christmas party at the skating rink. It was a good time. (it's really fun to get dressed for winter. I usually hate wearing beanies bc they are itchy... but this one is from Lucy and I love it.. I have it in brown too. It is so soft and not one bit irritating to my skin!)





















Our ward's Christmas party was really fun too. We have the best ward, I never realized how important this would be to me... but it is! The people in your ward become your social life! Between them and all my EA friends I have really grown to LOVE it here at byu.

My roommates and I love Alia! She is our second counselors daughter! so cute... PS Layne and I rock at guitar hero.

1 comment:

layne said...

remember how you were going to blog like five cool new things? yeah.. i remember that too. ps icicles are AMAZING