Monday, June 1, 2009

I LOVE MY MISSION!

hey HEY hEY!

[Aspen '08]

LIfe is good here in Adams-Friendship. We are working really hard AND accomplishing our GOALS! It feels so good because 2 weeks ago when we set those goals the sisters thought I was a crazy lady. We are actually exceeding most of our goals! AmAzing!!!! Mind you- we still have PLENTY to work on... but I know that the Lord blesses us when we are OBEDIENT with EXACTNESS like those stripling warriors. We can ALWAYS be more obedient. We're working on it.

This week we were able to teach Jody with the bishop. This ward is AmAzing about going out to teach with us. They send a sign up sheet around in priesthood and have someone sign up every night of the week [every slot is ALWAYS filled]! We teach a LOT with them, I love it. They always know who our investigators are.

Christian and Kyle [christian is our 13yr old investigator] came by this week and surprised us by making us pizza for dinner. They were sitting on the porch at the Fosters waiting for us with their pizza when we pulled up. HILARIOUS. It was really good Pizza. Kyle is a member and a great friend for Christian. BUT they are 13- I can only take so much. They make me laugh though.

We also were able to teach Debbie a few times this week. She owns a scrapbooking store in Wautoma. We have been helping her organize her back merchandise room. I love it. [I secretly miss scrapbooking.]

We found a CULVER'S in Wautoma. BAD NEWS. I was told there wasn't one in our area... lies. HA I love culvers... Team Scoopy Meals are the way to go.

We made a goal to meet everyone in the ward. We drove like 600 miles this past week. INSANE. Our area is HUGE. so spread out. Some people have to drive an hour or more to get to church. madness! We have been doing really good at meeting everyone though. There is a lot of potential with the people we've met to teach their families.

We went to an AMISH BAKERY on friday. it was really cool. [mom: they use buttons- NO ZIPPERS THOUGH] she asked me that on mothers day. We saw their clothes hanging on the line... their pants are really cool... all the buttons- i want a pair.

Friday night elders oldham, jolley & tryon came to interview a recent convert mike here in adams for a video they are putting together for the mission. Afterwards we had dinner with them and mike and a few other people from the ward. We made spaghetti and garlic bread at the fosters for everyone. First time cooking for a crowd on the mission. It was good. We ate the onion, garlic and tomatoe bread I bought at the bakery. yum yum. We had pazookie for dessert! My favorite. I sure am going to miss those elders. I feel like they are a part of my mission... I don't know the mission without them. They are such great missionaries. They go home this weekend! wierd. At this point I just can't imagine goin home from my mission!!!

Saturday we went to Wausau to walk for Cystic Fibrosis with the Bogg's family. 2 of their children have CF. I love that family! They are AmAzing. We had a great time. THe walk was 6.2 miles. The drive was 2 hours! I got a great nap!!!!! That night was sports night. I played the best game of basketball ever... that sport is exhausting. fun though.

SUndaY was church... I love church. I love how I feel after partaking of the sacrament. SO clean.

I love you all... thanks for being amazing.

Love, sister pamella jo black!

No comments: