Monday, June 29, 2009

It doesn't get much better than this!!


summer '06

Hey!

I am excited to report to all that things are going great!!!! I am LOVING my MISSION!!!! I didn't know that I could love it this much!!!

MONDAY we had pday. emailed. the norm. then that night we had a fireside at bishop fannon's. it was a really great success. i love organizing things like that. President Barrett came. We watched the Mormon Myth's video with Steve Young in it then answered some questions people had about the church. Beth shared her conversion story, as did the Fannon's! What strength can be gained from the testimony of others! I definitely felt uplifted.

TUESDAY was district meeting. then we went to our new area... RACINE... to teach Tina and her childrens... Tiana, Mario, Ambrosio and Julius. We set a baptismal date ... JULY 19th!!! After that appointment we went to teach Cheryl... we set a baptismal date for her too.... July 18th! It truly was AmAzing!!! The best part was that this was our first time ever meeting these people. It was the elders last appointment with them, they were both leaving and they were just there to introduce us to their investigators and the spirit was strong and we did it. AMAZING! [i know i am going to LOVE racine] I was so excited to tell President Barrett that that night. After all he was the one that told us to try to make it to Racine to teach before the elders left. He was very excited to! I love that man! For the evening we went to enrichment and I made my own beads out of clay and made a necklace. It was a lot of fun, I could really get in to that! We went to the mission home later that night. . .there were 14 new missionaries there!!! They were such a great bunch. The spirit just radiated from them. Sister Nicole Hogge came and stayed the night with us since she was the only sister to come out! I talked to s.hogge several times before she got here when I was in Green Bay. Her best friend moved out here from Sacramento with her husband and was in the green bay 2nd ward and gave her our number! What a small ward.

WEDNESDAY we took sister hogge to the mission home in the morning and we ate waffles with all the new missionaries! YUM! [It was so SO crazy for me to think that at the end of this transfer I'll have been on my mission 9 months! That's half my mission!!! wow. time flies. I looked at all those new missionaries and thought HOW GOOD THEY HAVE IT! They still have SO much time. I always say this but I never knew I would LOVE my MISSION this much!!!!] We picked up sister nichols shortly after! she was our companion for the day because her companion was training sister hogge and so she was companionless 'til the next day when she was being transferred to Adams! woot woot! We had lunch with julieanne. I LOVE JULIEANNE. We are BFFS! She told me she was coming to visit me in PHX when I get home. I can't wait. Afterwards we taught janice. Janice is still progressing. SHe is doing really well as she progress towards being completely SMOKE FREE! Afterwards we visited some less actives! Oh how I love this milwaukee area!

THURSDAY we went to transfer point here in Milwaukee and dropped off sister nichols. It was SO HUMID. i was so sweaty after being there, outside, for like an hour in the humidity. SICK. I love seeing other missionaries. Elder bratt and elder love are serving here now!!! woo hoo! They were in the mtc with me! The rest of the day we did weekly planning and transfer planning! We had to figure out what days we will be in racine and which days we will be in milwaukee. it is going to be a CRAZY six weeks! In the evening we spoke at the Muskego Lakes ward YW Standards Night. It was a lot of fun. We talked about how we prepared to be missionaries and how we enjoyed the MTC and the field. I already LOVE talking about my mission, can you imagine what I am going to be like afterwards!?? ha.

FRIDAY we went to Racine. I moved half of my stuff to bishop blake's. In six weeks we should be there permenantly, hopefully. so i figured why not move little by little! We taught Tina and the kids and visited some other people. Then we met the elders at a little grassy knoll above the beach and talked about the area. RACINE IS BEAUTIFUL. I love being surrounded by WATER! That night bishop made us doughnuts... YUM! Sister Behrends is convinced they're better than Krispy Kremes! I already know I am going to LOVE living at the Blake's.

SATURDAY we got to know Racine and the people Bishop wanted us to work with. We went and helped Tina clean her home, but mostly I just played with Ambrosio. I love that boy, he's 6 and hilarious... so smart. He reminds me a lot of Blake. [i miss those Weaver children!] That evening we volunteered at the racine symphony orchestra! It was SO good! we were able to talk to SO many people about the gospel.

SUNDAY was the craziest day of my mission! I stayed in Racine and went to church here in the spanish branch and the Racine Ward. Sister Behrends went to Milwaukee. We both had to find companions and she had to find someone to drive her! AHH! Did I mention I went to the Spanish Branch, solo! yes! My companion spoke ONLY spanish! woo hoo! I guess that's the best way to learn. I was CALLED ON to read in sunday school! Luckily I was WELL EQUIPPED because my family just sent me my OWN set of Spanish SCRIPTURES! It was amAZING!!! I really feel like I am going to be OK! I just wish I could get a transfer to mexico for a month or two!!! Guess what? Elder Petrie is serving in Kenosha now! He services the spanish branch too!!! I LOVE elder petrie. He's from mesa, we go home at the same time and he was in green bay the whole entire time i was. we worked with the spanish elders a lot there. I was so happy to see him! I know i can ask him all my spanish questions and he'll answer them! so fun. I love both the branch and the ward. sunday night we met at brother hancock's home, he's the ward mission leader, and talked with the two sets of elders, english and spanish, in racine and the bishop. It was great for us all to be able to be on the same page!!! Then we spoke at the youth fireside about preparing for a mission! THEN we went back to bishop's for apple pie! YUM. I was so exhausted. it was bed time. sister behrends and I finally saw eachother halfway thru the meeting, what a day.

We came back to Milwaukee this morning! Today we played Ultimate Frisbee and Football at the park with the elders! It was a beautiful day! clouds covered the sky and there was no humidity and a nice breeze! I LOVE wisconsin summers!

I am LOVING serving here! I am LOVING serving, period. everything about being a missionary is SO GOOD! Rocky, I am so happy you are starting your papers! I see these new elders, they graduated in '09 just like you! and they are AMAZING! You are going to be a great missionary! I can't fathom that I serve with elders my little brothers age. so crazy.

Thanks for everything. I am still getting a good flow of mail! THANK YOU! I LOVE GETTING MAIL! It's such a great pick-me-up! Keep it comin'!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL! love, sister pamella jo black

ps...
Sophie and Chloe: you better not forget about me! I saw pictures of you!!... you are both looking TOO OLD! quit growing!

No comments: