Friday, February 1, 2008

Today

Today was quite a day. Fridays are my best days because I only have 1 class: la clase de español. I planned on spending the day snowboarding today, but I was practicing my carving on Wednesday and took a serious tumble. The result: WhiPlAsh. I won't be boarding again 'til tuesday.

When I woke up this morning it was snowing and the walk in front of our house had a good 3-4 inches covering it. You'd think that I would be used to it by now, but I am still so shocked when it snows. It has snowed everyday for like a week now. I love waking up to fresh snow! When it snows it feels like time just stands still and makes me want to stay inside, drink hot chocolate and watch a good movie!

However even the snow couldn't distract me today; all I have thought about is how I want to go home! I want to see Chloe and Sophie & Bobby and Sarah. I want to visit with my grandparents. I want to go out to dinner with my parents. I want to play guitar hero with Rocky and go shopping with Brittany. I want to be in sunny, warm weather. I want to sleep in my bed and wake up to the sun coming through the three little windows on the east wall and the sound of the birds chirping in the big pine tree and oleanders. I have only been away for like 4 weeks and it is already killing me! I can't wait to go home for easter and see everyone!

No comments: