Thursday, February 7, 2008

President Hinckley

This is my most favorite picture of the prophet! I will miss him so much. He's been the only prophet I have ever known. I grew up with him. I never really realized how much i would miss him until I watched his funeral and saw the slide show. He was so loved; he visited so many countries and touched the lives of so many people. Just as I feel like I was personally affected by this man's selfless example, hundreds of thousands of people around the world feel the same way. I loved going to conference and standing as he entered and exited, the spirit was always so strong! He spoke here at BYU last semester in a devotional; as he was leaving he waved his cane at all of us, which became his trademark, we all laughed. I will never forget sitting in the conference center last October with my family and watching him "knight" President Eyring after his calling to 2nd counselor in the First Presidency! He had such a sense of humor and was loved by all that came in to contact with him. Glen Beck gave an amazing tribute to him on his talk show. Here is the link:

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/200/5127/.

You should watch it, it's so good. I am just so amazed at his impact. I know he loved his calling, the people he served and I know he loved the Lord. I am so happy he is able to be reunited with his wife, Marjorie Pay Hinckley, I know he missed her. However, I will miss him in the future. Seeing him and hearing him talk always made me feel safe and he always made me feel like everything will be ok, it will all work out! He will be missed by all!


“You are wonderful. I think you are the best generation we have ever had in this Church. We have never had one as good as you are. I have great confidence in you. I think you can perform in any way that you wish to perform. I believe that with all my heart. And you can accomplish anything you wish to accomplish. It is a great and difficult world out there that lies ahead of you. It is filled with all kinds of traps, all kinds of traps to try to pull you down. But if you just keep your eye on the gospel, it will not pull you down, and you will come through, smiling, in a wonderful way.” -President Hinckley

No comments: