Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Purchases In Turkey :)

I never knew I would like Turkey as much as I did! It was such a good time and we did quite a bit of shopping! AND it was more than just our purchases of Magnum Bars and Pringles at Gas Stations/ Bathroom Stops.

These are little hand painted bowls made in a village on the coast in turkey. I was obsessed with them I wanted to buy every size, but I figured the small ones are easiest to travel with. 



In Bursa we went to the silk market and I bought a few scarves. I couldn't leave Turkey without silk, the Turks are famous for their silk [slash silk worms, according to our guide, people used to smuggle them out of the country] Bursa is famous for being on the trade route anciently and still provides a .


I bought these embroidered silk pillow cases at a little market in Istanbul.


It's no secret that I didn't like the food in Turkey... but there were other things that kept me alive! This would be two of my favorite things... MJ found these cookies and I loved them! They had chocolate filled centers. so good. and the ULKER chocolate is as good as any chocolate I have ever had! I wish they had these two things in Israel... but then again it's probably good they don't I'd gain ten pounds on this alone.


This is the jersey from the Galataskary S.K. soccer [football as they call it] in Turkey. It is one of the teams in the Süper Lig they beat  Fenerbahce




No comments: