Monday, August 3, 2009

How can I keep my feet on the GROUND...

...When I was Born TO FLY? ...

yes that's right folks. I love that song. It is a Sara Evans song. More on that to come soon!!

Transfers are this Thursday, the 6th. Saturday We found out that sister behrends and I are staying together. Tuesday we find out where we will be. We are thinking that we will continue doing what we are doing [going back and forth from Racine] and that we might get a third sister (maybe sister warner? :)... we will see tomorrow night. So that is the exciting... transfers is always exciting.

Other good news:

*Jeff and Bonnie were both baptized in Green Bay on Saturday! Sister warner and I found them when we were serving there.. Jeff is Heather Millett's friend and Bonnie we found at Wednesday AM volleyball. SO COOL! It makes me SO happy to see the work of the Lord continue in areas I have served...

*I got a tape from grandpa this week... I love those! Thanks GPA!

*Mom told me Sophie can say my name now "Pam-e-wa"! thanks sarah! that made my day!!!

This past week was a blurr... HERE ARE some HIGHLIGHTS ...

[mon] we played CATCH PHRASE with the elders at the mission home

[tues] cheryl had her interview with elder hutchins for baptism. she passed! YEAH! we had dinner in Racine with the DAVIS'S. I love this family. The spirit is SO STRONG in their home.

[wed] cheryl prank called us with the "I don't want to get baptized" trick. hilarious.. when it was OVER! we studied at the beach in racine and taught tina. dinner with the stollenwerk family and elders vance and vogan in MIL where we clarified a GONDOLA = a MODE OF TRANSPORTATION... i was RIGHT!!!!

[thurs] planning at the church in milwaukee. institute with Katie wenZel, one of my FAV YSA's. Volleyball afterwards in the gym... yes that's right- i played in a skirt. haha

[fri] lunch with elders eastman, kelly, stribling and julian at the crowthers in racine. we practiced the arrangement of "Joseph Smiths First Prayer" we were going to sing at Cheryl's Baptism. MOVIE NIGHT with Cheryl and Ted and Ted's Parents... the JOHNSON'S. We watched a movie about the pioneers and ate movie treats and played with Natalie as a pre-baptism celebration. i love that family. earlier that day cheryl and ted went to the temple and the book store. now hanging in cheryl's home is a big picture of Jesus, the Family Proclamation and The Living Christ. She bought a ctr ring too. About the temple she said, "I just wanted to go inside! the spirit is so strong, even in the parking lot!!" so cool!!! I love her. Did i mention she threw away ALL her rated R movies? I LOVE THAT!!!

[sat] CHERYL'S BAPTISM. It went perfectly. THE SPIRIT WAS SOO STRONG. Sister Christina Davis (baptized Good Friday) spoke as did Sister Crowther (RS President). We sang our song and testimonies were born. Cheryl cried. We all cried. It was SUCH a special day to see her in the water in her beautiful white dress with Ted baptizing her - so cool! What a blessing Cheryl's choice is going to be for her family... Natalie especially. [It made me think of Bobby and Sarah!] I love that little family. President Barrett was so inspired to have us work with them!!! SAT night we went to the Racine COunty Fair with the Sura's after we had dinner with them. We pet a lot of the animals, bunnies especially and then we saw Sara Evans in concert for a while. Their daughter Abby and I skipped thru the whole fair to the parking lot, she's so cute. It was fun.

[sun] i stayed in racine. annette was my companion. Cheryl was confirmed... ted bore his testimony... it was AMAZING. after church sean and madison hansen, twins, were baptized. Sister beherends and her comp for the day, ariel briggs, came back from MIL for that too. we went to the hansens for dinner afterwards and then came back to milwaukee at the end of the night!

WHEW! after my mission i think i will be able to accomplish SO MUCH MORE with my time... It's amazing what you can do if you plan by the 1/2 hour!!!

I am so loving my mission. On the 5th, Wednesday, marks my 9 months out. I can't even believe it. I just want to be able to accomplish all I have been sent here to do. I love this work, I love that it truly is my Heavenly Father's work and that I can rely on Him and upon His Son, Jesus Christ- things go much better when I do that.

I love this work. I am so excited for my little brother... his papers are ALMOST done!!! I can't believe my siblings and I are all on the same playing field now. It's WIERD! We are all at about the same place in life right now!!! They are leaving for college in less than 20 days. so wierd... but exciting and fun!

I love my family. Thanks for all you do for me!!!

Love, sister Pamella Jo BLACK

ps... keep the mail coming. i LOVE mail. i love all of YOU!

No comments: