Monday, August 10, 2009

"dynamically reconfigurable"


... that's what president barrett calls us... We'Re in A tRiO!!! ... i get to serve with two sisters again!

The best part is the 3rd sister is SISTER WARNER [my trainor]. I never knew I would get to serve with her again, I also never knew I could be this excited about it! I love her, it has definitely been a tender mercy [see 1 Nephi 1:20]. We are having a lot of fun... too much fun sometimes! This is going to be a great six weeks.

[mon] PDAY. we ate at the chinese buffet [no msg! woot woot] with elders from both milwaukee zones, there were 14 of us, i got to see elder chapman, i love that kid ... then we played volleyball at the oak creek elders new apt, it was fun... i love to PLAY on pday... it helps me to get out all that pent up energy... it's a good thing! we also played scrabble with the elders at the kozlosky's, i even played, i am starting to like it... sick, i know. sister roth also called me very VERY upset, president blunk [drives the wausau transfer van, i road it once!!! :] accidentally called her to set up transportation for her and sister nichols to be doubled out of Adams and in to RHINELANDER, before anyone told them they were being transferred... poor girl. Rhinelander is a bigger, more spread out area than adams, biggest in the mission i heard! But... after a little talking too she was ok. i love her, obviously she is a great missionary if she's being doubled in there.

[tues] district meeting. i learned we can follow up with people on the commitments we left them the day before with 5 minute doorstep visits, what a concept, i never even thought of that... i am a talker you know. We met Janet at UWM and had a treat... i love her, she is from peru and has an at-ti-tude. She does a lot for her family and for anyone who asks her for help, so reliable, i love that about her.

[wed] taught janice, she is still struggling with smoking. we hate to see that especially since she was baptized a month ago, it kills me. but she can overcome it. we were supposed to have lunch with sister behrends old seminary teacher who is institute teacher out here now... but he forgot so we went to Kopps instead! YUM! I love that place. We taught Sammy Mentor at the Kozlosky's... she is 13 and so smart... she gave this analogy about our church compared to others... "its like i put on lotion and when i go to other churches it doesn't sink in... i go to your church and it does, they're both lotion, just one sinks in." tell me, i know, she is AmAzing. we used the baptismal calendar and reset her date for Aug 29... i can't wait. we had dinner at the kozlosky's with amanda, nikki [friends of their oldest son danny in HS] and nikki's non member husband Kenny... a lot of fun... then we HAD SMORES!! YUM! BEST NIGHT OF MY MISSION... we had smores outside by the campfire, then s. warner called and said she was coming to MIL... i loved life.

[thurs] TRANSFERS... warner came = party. Brittany Lee Kozlosky or BK as i affectionately call her, taught me how because I told her I loved her BF [people were talking ill of him to her] she learned that the people you love most will always lift you up and support you... i had an encounter earlier that day with an elder that was SO rude.... what a lesson she taught me, she helped me to get over it and move on... i love her.

[fri] lunch with katie wenzel at JAPANICA... the man made our food right in front of us with all kinds of tricks... so yummy and entertaining! We then took Sister Warner around to meet all our people [kris & britt, menters, formellas] it feels so surreal that she is here.

[sat] volleyball... we got rained out so we had it in the gym of the church... surprise party for bro. duhacik at the kozloskys- we taught so many people there... then we did transfer planning- we layed out all the work for both areas on the white board... sister warners specialty.

[sun] church... 6 hours worth :) mtgs mtgs mtgs... I thought about how when i was first companions president barrett taught me to have patience not tolerance... to LOVE not TOLERATE... what good advice, always good to remember in a TRIO... 3 girls in a really tight space = need for lots of PATIENCE. it's alot of fun though. Ashley came to church with her cousin katie wenzel... Spencer Twilmeyer gave a talk in the YSA ward [dated my roommate layne @ byu], julieanne brought her friend david from work... my worlds were colliding!!!! i taught the wards about president barretts new idea for dinners [we don't pass a calendar around... it freaks people out to have to make appts... its a good thing though. SISTER ROBERTSON CALLED AND GAVE SISTER WARNER AND I AN UPDATE ON THE WEATHER... like OLD times! She commented yesterday was the first of the nasty summer she promised us... so true!.... Sister Kozlosky had a ? in gospel principles... "How do the missionaries teach that faith relates to baptism?" the teacher said it was a whole lesson worth of info and said he'd teach it next week. i raised my hand and said I could answer her question in one sentance, "we teach faith in jesus christ prepares you for baptism, as you learn about him you want to be baptized like he was." the teacher began to expound, sister K said, sister black answered my question. haha Everyone came up to me afterwards saying that was so good... i was just a bit irritated... i love when people ask questions and get answers.

I am grateful to get to start a new transfer... sister behrends and I had 2 baptisms this transfer... AmAzing what faith can do. We are going to do so much good this transfer. I can remember a time when people told me and I believed them, that I would not baptize on my mission in Wisconsin... [ok ok i know i don't have the priesthood... HAHA] that is SO not true... so many people here are ready! i LOVE being a personal representative of our Savior, Jesus Christ!!!

I love all of you! thanks for everything you do for me! I have the best support system EVER!!!!!!

Love, sister pamella jo black

No comments: