Monday, May 11, 2009

We got Transfer Calls AND...



I am outta here! Which is SO sad! I love Green Bay, I haven't known anything else, but this wonderful place on my mission. I am so happy that I got to spend six months here. It truly is the promised land!!!

I think about how six months ago I left home to go on a mission, now I am leaving home again. I have had so many AmAzing experiences here. I became "Sister Black" these past six months. What a blessing it is that the Lord allows us to be missionaries and have these experiences to put our trust in Him and see miracles take place.

Bishop asked Elder Oldham and I, because we are leaving, to share our testimonies yesterday in sacrament meeting. I told the ward how I remembered standing at the pulpit my first sunday in the mission and having to give a talk! I didn't know a lot of things then that I know now. I didn't know how much I would LOVE green bay. I didn't know how much i would LOVE the gb 1st ward. I didn't know how IMPORTANT my calling would be to me. I didn't KNOW the people I would teach and see make sacred covenants. I really didn't know I COULD love it this much.

Bishop said they send the cream of the crop to Green Bay. He just really loves the missionaries and is so good to us.

I am happy I survived the winter here to see that it is green in green bay now! The trees are budding and some have leaves. Tulips are EVERYWHERE! Squirrels, robins, bunnies and deer are always crossing our paths! I love it. It is SO nice. I take any excuse to go outside! I finally have color on my skin and my hair is lighter, finally.

Last week was a great week. We had FHE at the Carlsruh's, complete with fishing, snacks, a game of NURTZ and the lesson being BOM jeopardy. We had district meeting at Bay Beach on the picnic tables and then celebrated Cinco de Mayo at El Serape. We had dinner in Pulaski with the Brudnicki's. I love them, they are definitely a favorite. We had a BBQ with our friends at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens at Tonia's house. I learned to play horse shoes... let's just say people I play with need to wear steel toed boots. :) We did service with Jolleen Allard and then went out to lunch with her, we had a great conversation about the Plan of Salvation. We did our weekly planning at a park. We volunteered at the nursing home. We taught Bonnie at the library. We went to Jam 4 Justice at the Ecumenical Center and heard "Good News" a band of ward members play. It was a function to raise awareness for the FreedoM House here in GB. That was fun, we saw lots of students we knew there. Jessika was baptized Saturday. She is a beautiful girl, she makes me so happy. We had icecream and a lesson with rachel and amy afterwards... it was a defining moment for rachel- she knows what she needs to do to be happy. Amy is a great teacher. I love them both. We had dinner with the Ribbens family.... oh how i will miss them. We went to Preble High School's Play "Disco Fever". Heather and Whitney and Ben and Diantha, youth in the ward, were in it as well as Jeff our investigator. It was fun, they're all very talented. WE CALLED OUR FAMILIES... I love that I never skip a beat with any of them, we just pick up where we left off. [HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY] We made dinner for sister huzzey, because she is our mom in green bay. I said bye to everyone in the ward...

WHEW... what a week. This week is jam packed too. I find out where I am being transferred to Tuesday night. Thursday I leave and go to a new area of the mission. Friday I turn 22. gosh, that's old.

I love you all. I want you all to know how grateful I am to have such an amazing support system. What would I do without each one of you!?!

I am loving these scriptures lately, D&C 50: 40-46: "Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth. Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have covercome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me; And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost. And the Father and I are one. I am in the Father and the Father in me; and inasmuch as ye have received me, ye are in me and I in you.
Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall. And the day cometh that you shall hear my voice andbsee me, and know that I am. Watch, therefore, that ye may be ready. Even so. Amen."

I Can't wait for that day! Let's be sure to WATCH so we can be READY!


Love, Sister Pamella Jo Black


ps for now send all mail to:

Sister Pamella Jo Black
5651 Broad Street Suite 1
Greendale, Wisconsin 53129

No comments: