Monday, February 16, 2009

I am excited…

We'Re HeaTiN' this PlaCE Up!!!

We're experiencing a mid-winter thaw apparently! I like to call it a TEASE. I said it was "SpriNG" yesterday in Sunday school and everyone yelled, "Don't Jinx it!!!" I had no Idea!!! Haha apparently we'll get right back to TONS of snow and -40* TEMPS soon! Joy! It's nice to see snow melting and to see peoples' yards though! The wind has been out of control here! Tuesday I was running into the wind to get the the car and I ALOMST DIED! I couldn't breathe! The air was SO cold it takes your breath away.

Sister Warner and I had a GREAT week! We were able to get lots done on Monday ( 02.02.9) and we had a VERY BUSY P-day! Lots of laundry at the Ribbens, shopping at Wal*Mart and Sam's Club, playing volleyball with elders and going to a dinner at the ecumenical center at UWGB. It was a busy day… so TODAY I am making our p-day schedule. It goes a little something like this:

6:30 Wake up, go work out at the Y

8:30 e-mail at UWGB

11:30 return home and RELAX

3:30 go play volleyball with the elders

5:30 go to dinner/ FHE at the Milletts and teach JEFF 1st lesson!!!

7:30 have FHE with Farrah and Iris!

I definitely think it is NEEDED. I am excited… I even have plans for a NAP!

Tuesday was Jenni Ribbens birthday, she's 20! Happy Birthday J-RIB! She is such a great friend and missionary out here. I love her and her family and I am secretly happy that she can't go back to BYU-I yet so we can still see her EVERYDAY! She is so much fun! We met her and her mom at the hospital early that morning and had breakfast before jrib's physical therapy- she tore her ACL and her PCL in a car accident right before Christmas. We also had district meeting that day and we learned about DILLIGENCE and OBEDIENCE… two very important principles of the gospel. Afterwards, s.warner and I went to eat at El Serape (my favorite Mexican restaurant here that we go to EVERY Tuesday!! my choice!) with Elders Olson and Petrie, Spanish speaking & Elders Chapman and Boam, Hmong speaking. They were a lot of fun. We've been spending a lot of time on campus working on Mormon Mythbusters… it's an event on campus we're doing, I am SO excited… it's this Tuesday! woo hoo! It's going to really help bring the church out of obscurity here on campus!

Wednesday we played volleyball with the women at the church and then went on splits with Arlene Marker and Tamara North. We were able to see lots of people and get to know these women better! That night we had dinner at Adam and Gretta Kreihbl's home… we had the best Potato Soup EVER with homemade rolls and really good yellow cake with homemade chocolate frosting (Adam's request!) After dinner S.warner did dishes with Lilly and I fed Joey. It was so fun. Lilly gave us our own private violin concert, she has the tiniest little violin ever and plays JUST LIKE HER MOM! So, so cute.

Thursday was a day FULL of planning… not always the most fun activity, but it ALWAYS pays off! That afternoon we went to Annie's basketball game at Edison Middle School and then to dinner at the Fuhriman's in the 2nd ward… the 2nd ward elders were so MAD that we stole their dinner appointment… haha. I told them it wasn't MY FAULT that sister fuhriman tracked us down and asked us if we, as 1st ward sisters, could come to dinner at her house! OF COURSE we said YES!!!! Brother Fuhriman is Sister Jenson's (president Jensen, a counselor in the mission presidency) brother, so they are VERY missionary oriented. We had a great time. Elder and Sister Messick (a senior couple that serves in 2nd ward) were there as well… good times. We talked a lot and the Messick's told us funny stories about the elders they serve with (chapman, boam, ross & harrison).

Friday we had bible study at Sister Lisa Robertson's. Lots of women came and Jenni Doucette brought her non-member mom: Ruth. We taught about love. It was really good and Ruth asked lots of questions. That afternoon we scheduled a teaching appointment for us and the elders, but we were stood up L so they gave us a girl to visit, Antionette. She is SO great. She's 17 and very interested in the gospel. We taught her the whole first lesson and the spirit was REALLY strong. We have another appointment with her tomorrow. That night we went and did service at the Botanical Gardens event, "Soup with Substance". It was great, we have really grown to love Martha, the events coordinator there.

Saturday was a day full of SERVICE. We started off at Lambeau Field painting faces at a kids event called Project Leap. There were TONS of those jumping inflatable things and kids and parents galore. I am a dang good face painter … but after an hour of it I was DONE! Immediately after that service we walked across the street to Shopko Hall to help at Arti Gras, a craft fair. Guess what our job was?? THE KIDS CENTER! Just picture this: One table for face painting and balloons and beads- I avoided that table at all costs, I was already sick of face painting. One table to make valentine cards fully equipped with TONS of those foam sticky back letters & shapes, markers, crayons and glue sticks. Another table, the worst one of all, had GLITTER. Glitter was EVERYWHERE! The kids were able to make Marti Gras masks, they had feathers, elmers glue and GLITTER. Mind you right when we got there some little girl tried to put her newly finished masterpiece on her head and got glitter all in her eye and her dad was trying to get it out, bad news. Needless to say I was sick of kids, parents and GLITTER/ any form of art by the end of the day! Haha Sister warner was in heaven at the art show (she has a BFA in Photography), most of that stuff is WAY too abstract for me! We did get to talk to lots of people though… the best part of that day however was- Vanessa! We had dinner at the Dean's and taught Vanessa. We did an object lesson involving brownies and sister warner doing push-ups to represent the atonement and then talked A LOT about the atonement and how we access it: through repentance and baptism. At the end of the lesson we asked Vanessa to be baptized… and she said YES, she'd be baptized on Saturday if it was up to her! I almost started crying! She's 10 and she's SO GREAT! We talked to her dad that night and he said he'd talk to her more about it and then get back to us with a date. When we started teaching Vanessa she had no concept of Christ or of God or anything. Now she has a strong testimony of both and of the restoration and the Prophet Joseph, but she's never prayed about the Book of Mormon. So, we got our little Sara involved: Sara Dean (also 10yrs Old) is calling Vanessa every night this week and they are reading the Book of Mormon together and then Vanessa is praying to know the Book of Mormon is true on her own, and we are praying she receives and Answer! I know she will. (I wish I could listen in on their conversation!) [side note about the Dean's- they are an AmAzing Family! They have raised such great children. They are SO welcoming to EVERYONE and they love Vanessa. I am so GRATEFUL they are in this ward!!!]

Sunday we didn't have any investigators at church… it was kinda sad. But we did have some Less-Actives there so that was good. We taught Sunday School and then we taught the Mia-maids YW lesson. I LOVE THE YW. I love that we get to teach SO much. After church we went to the Robertson's for dinner, Sister Huzzey came to because Bishop was out of town with the Reserves. I LOVE THE ROBERTSON FAMILY. They truly have become an extension of my own. Since I can't call my mom when I am at Sam's and need to know how much Hot Chocolate to buy to fill a 5 gallon orange drink cooler thing, I call Sis. Robertson. When I need to know the weather, I call S. Robertson! I love their kids too! Joselyn is going to TONGA this summer for 2 weeks to build a school!!! I AM SO JEALOUS! … but SO excited for her. Jed and I are BFF's recently and OliVia is such a CutiE! I could keep her, she has such an ATTITUDE! i love it! Eliza turned 6 on Saturday and she is a MONKEY! Brookie and I could talk together for hours about anything. Annie is so fun and people LOVE her. S. Robertson always says that I am like Jos and S.warner like Annie. It'S SO true. We love being with them! Bro Robertson just got called as the High Council Rep for the Spanish Branch, grr. He's going to be released as Ward Mission Leader and I am NOT happy about it! He's so great. But I already told him, I can feel him switching gears and I DON'T LIKE IT!!!! Here is a quick cute story about Olivia. This past week Lisa put her in her car seat and was driving and away when Olivia told her she didn't buckle her. SO she stopped and got out and was telling Olivia how good it was of her to tell her mom that and on and on and Olivia said, "It was the Holy Ghost [Lisa is now feeling so proud of her daughter], and the Holy Ghost wants to go to CHUCKIE CHEESE!" HAHAHAHA

MORIAH got MARRIED on Saturday to BRAD! Congratulations you TWO! I wish I could have been there! You better email me some PICS!!!! I am so HAPPY you're HAPPY moriah!

I am starving now… time to go home for lunch… TAMALES [thanks grandma &grandpa!]

I Love You ALL! Thanks for all you do for me!

LOvE, Sister Pamella Jo Black
ALL PICS WILL BE POSTED ON MY BLOG, I HAD A PROBLEM EMAILING THEM LAST WEEK... GRR... SO JUST LOOK AT THAT, I EMAILED THEM TO BRITT AND SHE'LL POST THEM! THANKS. LOVE YOU GUYS.

No comments: