Monday, December 29, 2008

35 this morning and I felt WARM

"I love being a missionary. . . in case you didn't already know that! It's so fun!"


This is a video Pamella made while she was at BYU in Provo Utah. This is when she thought she know knew the cold. I just found it and thought it was so funny. 35 is warm now... Haha.

Well HeLLo EveryONe!!!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! I know that mine was great! I was able to celebrate differently than ever before, I had a simple, yet fulfilling Christmas! I, of course was not left without all the traditions! Mom sent me her famous cookies! I bought some of Grandma Johnsons hard candies to put on our counter, it wouldn't be Christmas without them! Grandma Black sent me tamales- I was feeling so "at home" in such a different place here in Green Bay this Christmas. It's crazy how the little things can do so much for you! Thanks family.

On Monday Sister Warner, E. Pulley, E. Jolley and I spent our P-day making cookies at the church, 200 sugar cookies. It was quite a fiasco at first with S. Warner's idea to use neon colored frosting :) ... but after a few changes and coloring sugar crystals to sprinkle on top of the cookies instead of lime green and purple frosting it ALL WORKED OUT! It was stressful at first, the cookies were way ugly and we were afraid people would think twice before eating them and that we would scare our investigators, but in the end they looked/ tasted great.

We spent Tuesday and Wednesday caroling and delivering them to people, IT WAS SO FUN. We visited SO many people, it was a great excuse to just drop in! We went to President Jensens house for Christmas Eve. He is in the mission presidency. They are so good to us. She had stocking made for us and filled them with all kinds of hygeine things that we would need (he's the mission doctor!). We ate a great dinner then read the Christmas story and sang lots of carols at the piano. All the missionaries that serve in Green Bay were there. It was so fun. Afterwards we went with the elders and delivered a tree to Corry and her brother because it was CHRISTMAS EVE and they still didn't have one up. I love Corry. She was so surprised and was really touched. It made me really feel the spirit of Christmas.

Christmas Day we woke up... opened our presents! I loved all of them by the way! I love my soft Pajamas mom, and we wear our "boots with the fur" anytime we're at home. And I've worn both of my sweaters, I love them both. BUT: the greatest gift of all this Christmas was being able to call HOME! I loved talking to Grandma and Grandpa and Mom and Dad and Brittany and Rocky! Sarah- I am sad I didn't get to talk to you too, but I may have been too emotional! I was so ridiculous that day when I was talking to everyone! They were happy tears, but there were A LOT of them! It was so good to just talk to everyone and see that the house is still standing and life as I knew it is still going forward even though I am not there... I was shocked. haha I thought for sure you all would crumble in my absense! haha Talking to you gave me an extra boost and I should be good now until May!!! When I talk to you in May I will have less than a year left, that's crazy, may feels just around the corner! I love you guys!

We are breaking records here as far as snow goes. There hasn't been this much snow in Green Bay in 100 years, since 1887! And they started keeping track in 1886! ahaha Of course, they'd get this much snow when I come! This little AZ girl who thinks she is going to DIE here from the cold, amazingly I am getting used to it. With my great white coat that goes to my ankles and warm scarves, gloves and boots, I am set. It was 35* this morning and I felt WARM: that's sick, i KNow! (mom do you miss that hearing that word? sick sick sick sick sick!!!!!!!)

I've received more letters/cards from people: Thanks to the Roatches, the Grizzles, Doreen and Kassie, the Gundersons, Cami King, and the Knudsens for remembering me!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE on the 23rd and ROCKY on the 27th! 1 yrs old and 18yrs old! I thought of both of you on those days! A LOT! Wish I could have celebrated with you!

Britt- send me pics! I am dying without them! and send me your senior picst too please!

Dad! Thanks for all the emails! mom- where are your emails? the one dad said you were sending from the couch on the NEW laptop? ya, never got that!!! :) Dad! You're a high priest! haha that's funny, they finally got you! I am glad you helped with the sucess of the surprise b-day, that sounds like fun, I like that route you took home, hilarious! Mom and britt- good job pulling it off.

Sarah! It was so good hearing an update on "my girls" haha that's what I refer to them as here! I MISS THEM THE MOST! because I know they are growing... i miss hearing sophie's laugh. I went to a house where they were watching happy feet the other day and I almost started crying!!! haha I am glad they're both doing SO well! What Smart and CUTE little girls you have. My kids better be that cute, or I am trading you!!! deal?

I love you all! I have to go! I am a busy little missionary girl! Plus, we are trying this new thing to be on time! S. Warner and I are always late!!!

Love you!

Love, Sister Pamella Jo Black!

ps I love being a missionary. . . in case you didn't already know that! It's so fun!

1 comment:

The Huzzey's said...

Hey Sister Black!!! We know that you won't see this for a while... But we wanted to say that you are an awesome missionary!! Thanks for hanging out with us last night! Best New Years Ever! You are the best!! And Maddi loves you. P.S...were you guys so dang tired today?? I felt like a walking zombie. I got a nap though...Sorry!!
Love,
The Yahtzee Natzi and the rest of the HUzzey GAng!