Monday, January 5, 2009

ICE Princess

"Trees, streets, sidewalks, the snowpiles are frozen ICE!"

middle of nowhere, sturgeon bay !

I now refer to myself as the ICE Princess! I live here in Green Bay in my own little ICE Palace!!! Everything is COVERED in Ice! Trees, streets, sidewalks, the snowpiles are frozen ICE!

Life is good for S. Warner and I! We love being Missionaries! S. Warner and I and the Elders rang in the New Year with Bishop Huzzey and his family, whom I LOVE! Their son Ben and his wife Tabbi and their daughter Maddi were there along with their son Adam... We ate dinner, played games and just had a great time! I love all the people I get to meet as a missionary! It just seems so easy to connect with people. Adam is HiLariOUs! and Tabbi is what I like to refer to as the Yahtzee Nazi! She is so fun to play games with- the girl is intense!


CORRY's baptism is in ONE WEEK .. next monday eve she will enter the waters of baptism ! she is so excited .. nervous and excited .. she has the baptismal interview tonight . we had a lesson with her this week about this time on earth and now that she knows the gospel of Jesus Christ she gets to SHARE with others how it is true and will bless others lives. we committed her to pray for missionary opportunities and her baptism is already a HUGE one bc she invited ALL her family to come ! she is amazing !

joselyn robertson [she is the oldest daugther of our WML] turned 16 ! we gave her chapstick and a pack of gum! haha S. warner's idea! she loved it, her mom just laughed and rolled her eyes.

we spent the day in STURGEON BAY on saturday .. it was SO much fun and taught SO many wonderful people about the gospel .. we also went WAY out into the orchards and abandon barns of sturgeon bay for a media referral .. it was a BIT scary needless to say .. we called the ZL's to let them know what was up and that if we didnt call them back in 15mins to come and find us .. S warner and i are scared little girls and we know how to freak ourselves out ! we were fine but we definitely got ourselves worked up !

we had another amazing lesson with DIANE ANTHONY .. sister doucette had us and her over for dinner and they found out they had a lot in common ! we taught her a little about the Plan of Salvation.S warner asked her "where did you think you were before this life ?" and she said that is something she had been wondering for a long time ! i am so grateful for the knowledge and testimony i was able to share with her about us all living with our Heavenly Father before we came to this earth. we are meeting with Diane this week and we are so excited to continue to teach her !

church this year is now at 1p .. that is quite the adjustment but it was good .. a lot of people who havent come in a while came b.c. the time change and it was so good to see there faces ! i love being a missionary !

this is the other big news of the week ! its TRANSFERS ! i am staying here in GB with S warner BUT a set of sisters in the mission have to go to a trio b.c. one sister is going home and NO sisters are coming out .. where will the 3rd sister go .. WE DONT KNOW .. but she could come here to GB .. we will find out tuesday eve ! the saddest news is that e.pulley is LEAVING .. he has been my 1st ZL! we are sad that he is leaving this area but we are friends and will continue to be so ! haha


On a Random NOtE:

Mom:

*will you please find out what barry and moon-jungs current address is? I tried to send them a christmas card and it was sent back to me, they don't live in Lake Forrest anymore.

* you asked about dinners- it is a rare occasion that we don't have a dinner appointment with a member, The Ward is SOO AmAzing here! They're so good about feeding us. Our monthly calendar is AlWayS full. Always feed the Missionaries!!!!! It makes such a difference in our day!

*I am sending home that pink bag today, I LOVE it, but the handle is about to break. I know you ALWAYS keep receipts, so will you exchange it and send it back to me? (if they don't have the same one, will send something similar?) That style is PerFect!!! I can fit everything in it and is has structure, i like it!

*remember those restoration hardware slippers you got me last year? ya I LOVE those things, I wear them everyday! They are like duvets on my feet! Best purchase ever.

Britt:

*ward members here have found my blog and think it's the cutest thing ever, they showed it to me, good work. it's great. love the video you posted, if i only knew! one girl, diantha googled her name and my blog came up! haha so funny. will you please post some pics of my mission up that i send you? they're all in the emails i forward from s. warner!

Dad:

*You are SO great! Wow. i never would have guessed you'd be the best letter writer ever!!!! I am proud, mom claims you haven't won yet and that she's "in the game now", we shall see! I love your letters, they make me laugh!!!

Rocky:

*you're great, How's the gf? the job? being 18?

Sarah:

* I love the pics! send me your favorites printed! I would love that! i SHOWED THEM ALL TO S warner, adorable, loved their christmas dresses and the pic of sophie smiling at her b-day party! good work on her hair! I can't believe how much she has and how many teeth she haS! and I loved her little jeans! I miss you and the kids and bobby!

Grandma & Grandpa:

* I LOVED THE TAPE!! I loved that everyone talked! I loved the pictures too! You are the best! I am working on a tape to send home soon! aLso, you should research this juice called Xanga Juice, I heard about it in UT but this lady I met told me all about it and it has really helped her arthritis.... look it up... Xanga juice, supposed to be Amazing!


I have NO time... but I LOVE being a missionary and I am SOO happy here! We are going to meet the elders at culvers for our Pday lunch! then off to play volleyball!
LOVE YOU!
love sister pamella jo black
ps what is the name of that wisconsin restaurant that just went up by the dv airport?
talk to you soon!

No comments: