Monday, December 14, 2009

Feliz Navidad

Buenos Dias Mis Amigos!

That has become one of my favorite phrases these days! I love speaking spanish... just in case any of you were wondering. Just in case I haven't made you all aware of that fact!

OK before I get down to the happenings of the week... here are some seperate items...

*MOM: I NEED SHARON MASONERS ADDRESS... [perhaps if I put this here you will remember to send that to me... thank-you!]

*SO all this week I have constantly been drinking hot chocolate... because it's COLD! well... I was drinking hot chocolate at denny's the other morning [sister johnson and I went there to do our weekly planning] and with just one little sip it reminded me instantly of the mornings when I'm home, when I am hungry, but don't want to make anything and I sneak next door and grandpa and grandma make me hot chocolate and we sit on the front porch swing etc etc... those are the days! I can't wait for that to happen again soon! i do miss that! I love you grandma and grandpa!

*We have been asked, since about July, to commit each of our new investigators to baptism on the first lesson! ... That was a big change for our mission... now it has just become what we do, our faith has definitely increased. Well, tonight we have a first lesson with a spanish investigator family, BKA "our Family". We have taught them a couple of times, but tonight we are teaching them the restoration and plan to committ them to baptism. I AM SO NERVOUS. I haven't been this nervous in such a long time! It's crazy how much SOUL STRETCHING has taken place since I have had to teach in spanish! I WAS SO COMFORTABLE teaching in english. President Barrett always says, "There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone". How true is that! But I have seen how much the Lord makes up the difference when we do our part.

He promises us in D&C 84:85 "Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man." Then he continues in that section, "88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up. 89 Whoso receiveth you receiveth me; and the same will feed you, and clothe you, and give you money. 90 And he who feeds you, or clothes you, or gives you money, shall in nowise lose his reward. 91 And he that doeth not these things is not my disciple; by this you may know my disciples"

I love those scriptures, they are so comforting and SO TRUE... I have seen them come to pass time and time again... especially as I have been speaking spanish!

This is a great work we are doing here... I absolutely love it.

This week..

[lunes] we played soccer at 8am. . . IN THE CHAPEL'S GYM... it was really fun. I was so tired afterwards, it's so exhausting. we play teams of 3 and rotate out after 2 goals are scored. The winning teams gets to play a second game... the teams are constantly changing. If a team wins twice they leave the court too and a new team comes. it's good fun.

The elders taught sister Johson how to ride a bike. that was fun. She is a crack-up. She ran in to SO MANY WALLS in the gym. She was such a good sport and they were so patient with her. Elder Stribling, ELder Petrie and Elder Smith should feel so privileged, I know she just wouldn't let anyone teach her... by the end of the day she wasn't running into any walls and she could turn both left and right!!!

we had lunch with all the elders, it was our last pday all together. we went to culvers. we ended our night having dinner at fhe at the davis'. I love that family. Bro Davis made homemade pizza... it was SO YUMMY!

[martes] we volunteered in the doll room at toys for tots again. that was fun. then we had lunch with the elders, then district meeting. we taught vicki and luis and leslie with elder smith and elder trauntvein. Those elders did such a good job teaching luis and leslie... they are SO knowledgeable! I was so impressed they know the whole gospel of Jesus Christ by heart ... in order. FAITH REPENTANCE BAPTISM RECEIVING THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END... so cute. We had dinner at the Abbott's and ended the night visiting some of our kenosha peeps.

[miercoles] english class! we taught everyone there to sing silent night in english. It is so amazing to me how none of those people are being taught the gospel and some may be unfamiliar with what the Holy Ghost is... but as we sang that song the spirit filled the room. it was incredible. We plan to invite them all to the christmas program at church this sunday. . . i hope many will come.

[jueves] toys 4 tots. meeting with bishop crowther. we had dinner with Raygan and Mike Taylor with all the elders. It was a lot of fun. She is such a sweet lady. I love teaching her and her family. we played volleyball that night. It was transfers too. I am so going to miss those elders. more on that next week!

[viernes] english class. planning. we taught vicki. We tried to commit her to baptism. she said no. she's not ready. her kids know more than she does... etc etc. she makes me crazy! she is SO READY! sister johnson told her she's not leaving til she commits... she said... oh great! stay! i love company! grr! we then met with the elders at culvers for a planning meeting... then taught heidi higginbottom and went caroling the rest of the night. i love caroling.

[sabado] soccer. study. jessica's baptism [kenosha elders taught her] she's sweet. young. pretty girl. she looked like she was glowing at her baptism. then the ward christmas party. it was really good. it had a good them.. .a night in bethlahem. fun. we ended this night caroling too.

[domingo] church. lunch at the sandovall's for some yummy guatemalan food. more church. dinner with all the elders at lilyan barry's. we ended the night caroling! we saw tiffany baumstark. i love her. we caroled to her. she's amazing.

i love you all. i love this work! I love this season! Merry Christmas!

Con Amor, Hermana Black

No comments: