Monday, December 7, 2009

CANTAN SANTOS ANGELES...


... That's Hark the Harold Angels Sing... in spanish. I have had that song stuck in my head all week! Probably because we've been caroling all week in Spanish. Everything is just better... in spanish! :)

SO... Wisconsin still has NO snow! I mean there has been a dusting here and there... but it mostly melts... it's wierd. mom was telling me that we're supposed to have snow tues and wed! good, it's time! It snowed the day before thanksgiving [NOV 25] ... that was my ONE YEAR MARK IN WISCONSIN and I was so HAPPY. Sister Johnson was not really thrilled... I LOVE THE FIRST SNOW! it snowed a little this week... but not enough to count. we can't even have a snowball fight yet! COME ON WINTER! [we are however getting the bone chilling winds and cold, the big coat has been taken out of storage and is hung up... just WAITING for it's winter '09 debut!]

This week I learned that for my Team Scoopie meal at Culver's I can subsitute HOT CHOCOLATE [with whipped cream] for my drink! [ps there is no extra charge] That's the best news ever! [I'm not a big soda drinker, i only like rootbeer and i don't like culver's rootbeer, it's too sweet, so i always just got water]Then I get my refill in my to go cup on the way out the door to keep me warm for just a little bit longer. It's the little things in life, you know!?

We got our transfer calls Saturday Night. I am STAYING IN RACINE for 6 more weeks. I am so happy. I really wanted to stay for Christmas and New Year's!! Petrie is leaving. very sad. Elder warner is leaving from racine, Elder gates from Kenosha and Trauntvein is GOING HOME from racine spanish. Every companionship but us is changing. it's going to be very different... I love this area.

[lunes] we went for Pday in MILWAUKEE. it was fun. I love our elders. WE went with all 8 of them. We went to the Sprecher's Factory [they make the best rootbeer] and then to the elders' old area [petrie, trauntvein and smith all served there] to eat at a place called Antiago's. It was SO YUMMY! Best Mexican Food I've had in Wisconsin. I ordered in spanish too... thanks to the elders: they get to uptight when i don't use my spanish... i just get NERVOUS to speak it around them! Then we went to the MIL South Stake Center to play with the rest of our zone... we saw sister warner and sister pluim. it was fun. we ended the day with dinner at the Davis' with the sura's. then we taught FHE with them.

[martes] district meeting. splits with the relief society sisters. we taught michelle cabrales.

[miercoles] english class. we taught janelle king. we had the Guillonta's for dinner. WE saw vicki... her daughter angeli turned one! then taught trinidad and ended our night teaching michelle cabrales.

[jueves] we volunteered with the 4 elders in Racine for TOYS 4 TOTS. [not to be confused with the marines thing] This is a local organization. They collect toys year round, then clean them, repaint, re organize REDO them... make them new... then package them up for families and give a family a christmas. it's wonderful. it's like santas workshop. Really, it is. Just like the movies. I felt like an elf: we worked in the doll room. YES there is a room for every kind of toy you can think of. THey clean and redo dolls hair. We dressed the dolls and found them a second outfit. it was SO fun... like i was 5 again! I can't wait to come home and play with Chloe, Sophie and Ellie! it made me think of them! Christmas really brings out the best in People. I love that.

we saw raygan taylor. love her. more on her next week... then the seiverts, then sister maine then we played volleyball. michelle had her baptismal interview: they didn't even get to the questions, she said she wasn't ready. .. more on that next week. I love her so much. i just want her to do what is right.

[viernes] english class. studying for 3 hours:the norm. weekly planning. culvers. caroling with the racine elder = SO FUN!!!! We saw so many people.

[sabado] we spent all day at the church. Soccer was cancelled. We had the Kenosha Ward Christmas Brunch. Then Maurcelino, a guy petrie and campbell taught was baptized. he's so sweet. then we studied. then we caroled with the kenosha elders... SO FUN again. Then we had a meeting with bishop crowther.

[domingo] fast sunday. the branch found out petrie and trauntvein were leaving. They invited them to bear their testimonies first. Hno. Cabrales was sobbing. he loves petrie so much. it made me cry. i love this work. i love these people. We were at church all day and then ended the night with e. stribling and e. warner at the calderwoods for dinner. we completely missed the christmas devotional. it doesn't feel like christmas... we'll watch it this week!

I love you all! have a good week!

YOu are the BEST... keep those letter coming!

Love, sister Pamella JO Black

No comments: