Tuesday, September 8, 2009

...by small and simple things...


Hello hello!

I first want to tell you that it is the LITTLE things that really make my day! [notice ALMA 37:6 … Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise. I love this scripture… I am the small and the weak! … the Lord makes me strong… and through me great things can and will come to pass! What a blessing!] SOOO… they make baby goldfish… yes it’s true… try them… they taste better than the others, i promise… made my day a few days ago… they’re the best!


[mon] PDAY! What a great pday it was too… we went up to milwaukee to email, I like the library there so much better in muskego… the one here in Racine is SO willy tango [that one’s for you steph:] then we went to VALUE VILLAGE… the bane of my existence… a thrift store. Now I am NOT above thrift stores or think I am better than that… I am freaked out by them and they make me feel dirty, ok? And I have ZERO patience to find that GEM among the clothing… sorry I just don’t. but my compy was set on going so we went with the milwaukee sisters and Mom and Brittany Kozlosky [BK]. It made it worth it that I could walk around with the warner, I love her, her new compy is a crack-up… [oh ya, I bought a skirt there for $1.50, I know… against my whole plight… but warner tried it on.. it was a little big for her, I tried it on… it fit JUST RIGHT… and it’s cute… so I washed it in HOT water and dried it a long time… I don’t want LICE or something you know? Anyways, it was funny] then we went to president orne’s for a BBQ with all the missionaries in the north and south zones pretty much. We played sand volleyball and ate a good lunch and visited a lot… I love milwaukee…. It was nice to be there!

[tues] district meeting… ALL IN SPANISH! … lots of fun. . . then Daisy Betonka, she is from Honduras, it was good spa practice there…. Then we taught CHERYL with ted and natalie… I love them. We taught Janelle with the elders… man, she has SUCH an attitude… I love watching them with her… sometimes they don’t know what to say… she’s 10! Haha oh how I love her!

[wed] met with Joanie Farley, love her like a sister. She has 5 kids; 3 boys and then twin girls Kate and Addison… they’re adorable. She schedules our meals for us now… it’s amazing. Then we met a new investigator, Nancy, she went to girls camp and youth conference wit h stefanie aquino! Then we played volleyball at the church… it was a good day!

[thurs] I got a haircut by tina hansen… cute girl… then we had lunch at Christina Davis’s with Tamika king… that was fun but I was itchy from my haircut… I went home and showered…. Then we did weekly planning.

[fri] we visited tina… what a GOOD VISIT… she was doing good, made me happy, she hasn’t been like that for a while. Then we met the nevarro family[spanish speakers], really great family, really strong, they’ve been taught before… we have a return appt with them this week… I hope they keep it! Then dinner with the Sura’s at charcoal Grill… Abby turned 6! It was a lot of fun, we met lots of their friends, they’re such a great family.

[sat]we went around inviting people to the ward corn roast that night… we met some people as we were walking up and down the street. It was cool, they invited us to come back and teach them! [more spanish appts! Woohoo.] Then we went to the ward corn roast at the davis’. I dare say I love this ward as much as the GB 1st ward. It’s so fun! I ate some REALLY good SWEET CORN! Yum yum!!!! We played volleyball til dark, jumped on the trampoline and then met the neighbors, Betty and Samantha, [spanish speakers] who are now our new investigators!

[sun] church … mtgs mtgs and more mtgs…. 8-5!! … then dutch oven dinner at the Calderwoods! [he’s spanish branch president] … we were supposed to have a mtg and homemade doughnuts at the blakes and the racine english elders, but we were too late! Bishop called us when the first hot doughnuts came off and left us a message about how good they were and that they ate all ours! So mean! Haha luckily when we got home at 9:30 … he had saved us a FEW!!! they're the BEST thing you've ever tasted.


Whew… what a week!

I love you all! You are all always in my prayers!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH ON AUGUST 29TH! I miss you! I hear you had a great experience at the temple! Write me!

DAD… HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW… I love you!!!!

Love, Sister Pamella Jo Black

No comments: