Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snowboarding

This semester I am taking a full load of academic classes, but I am also taking 2 snowboarding classes. They are the highlight of my week! Every Tuesday and Wednesday at 12:30 I meet the class at the football stadium, we load our stuff onto the bus and head to Sundance Ski Resort. Both days I am in a class of about 12 people, our instruction time is 1:30 - 3:30 and the rest of the time is ours. The lifts close at 4:30 and we have to be on the bus by 5; I get home before the 6. These classes are BYU's best kept secret! I love to snowboard now and am enjoying learning. I can now successfully get on and off the lift without falling, do J-turns, S-turns, the falling leaf, and I am beginning to carve!

The las
t 2 weeks there has been AmAzing snow. There was 17 inches of powder yesterday. At one point I was going down a really steep side of the mountain and the powder was up to my waist because of the angle I was at... it was heaven. I love the soft, loose snow! It makes those freezing cold days SO worth it!


Boots

Bindings

Snow Pants
Gloves
Wool Socks
Jacket
Season Pass
Goggles
Beanie

BOARD


2 comments:

layne said...

i feel i appreciate this blog more then most. A for effort. it looks great pam pam pamella

January said...

Hey sexy mama! How the heck have you been? Can you believe the last time I saw you my oldest wasn't even a year old and you were a high school student babysitting her? LOL. Awesome! Yep, 3 kids! Craziness!