Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ist Adventure!

Sunday is a Free Day. We got our money changed at Aladdin’s [I think this is how you spell it… but it’s pronounced “alah-deens”] and did the Ramparts Walk in the Old City. It’s a walk that takes you to the top of the city wall around about half of the city. We ended up in the Jewish Quarter and then walked to the shuk in West Jerusalem. It’s an open air market  where I bought some really good gummy candy and pop rocks chocolate! It was good chocolate, but at first was offensive to my mouth, I didn’t expect it to pop so much! Next time I think I’ll just go for straight up chocolate. I loved the market! I sampled so many breads We ate our sack lunches and then walked back… I was SO tired! We walked at least 7 miles, probably more. That combined with the hills and the sun… I took a nice long nap!

Outside Damascus Gate of the Old City
Damascus Gate, this is where they told us all the pick-pocketers would be... right inside that entry that is blackened in this photo. It really wasn't bad at all, it's like a whole new world inside that gate. I love just people watching. So cool.

Natalie, Ryan and I on the Ramparts walk. Notice the small slit for weaponry in the top of the wall behind us... this was an important defense measure.

The space between the wall was long and narrow.

On the stairwell walking down from to the Old City.

Gummy Candies at the Shuk!

The Shuk
I can't believe I get to live here for three and a half months! So exciting.

No comments: