Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Pday Morning!

Good Monday Morning!!!! Is sprin here yet? I am so READY for GREEN GRASS... the kind I saw on Brittany's blog!!!!

Just a precursor... mom and dad... THANK YOU for my Vday Package. I loved it. That was a great little surprise!
Here's the RUN-DOWN!
[lunes] pday! President's day! BUT... the library was still open. Happy Day. The things you appreciate as a missionary... :) I made sure to give president barrett a shout out for the holiday... haha
[martes] district meeting. Elder Ferris, our disrict leader, put our transfer goals on the chalkboard and our actuals underneath... and it was apparent we were lacking in invites [def: anytime you invite someone to come closer to Christ usually by means of street contacting, talking to someone in line at the grocery store, tracting, etc.] We decided in order to meet our goal each companionship in our district needed to get 100 invites for the next two weeks left in the transfer. We all agreed. That's 14 a day. so doable! those elders better keep up... i know we will. We had lunch at subway with President Thomspon. I love him. We contacted a referral in Tomahawk and then taught Alyssa. We met Cindy. That went really well, we'll be teaching her after her trip to SLC. We then met Brianne and went to Minocqua for Scott Mehr's Hockey. IT was the Playoffs... they won! It was really fun. Abram and his dad were there... so was sister mehr's mom and brother. It was a good missionary opportunity and a LOT of FUN!
[miercoles] we volunteered at the food pantry, sorted food and I fixed Frank's phone. We taught Abram in Minocqua. He's scared to committ to baptism now. He says he's "selfish". Then again he keeps saying things like, "At my baptism..." We gave him a tour of the font tonight at mutual... he's not so scared of that now. I love Abram and Scott. We learned infant and adult CPR.
[jueves] we did weekly planning. We met Sam at the Belts and went and taught Alyssa... we taught her the Armor of God. We made Armor out of tinfoil. It worked quite nicely. She loved it... Ephesians 6:11-20. very cool. We had dinner with the Belts and then taught Brian. He's doing great.
[viernes] We went to Antigo and attended the funeral of Terry Woods, a member in the Antigo Branch. It was a wonderful service celebrating his life. We then helped at the luncheon at the church and then went TRACTING to get our 100 invites. We had dinner at Culver's and then visited with the Gatton family. That was a lot of fun. We stayed the night at the Bloechl's.
[sabado] Still in antigo. study. TRACTING. we had dinner at the Bloechl's and played Heroscape with them. I rock at that game. It's a good mix of Risk and some kind of Pokemon thing. wierd but fun.
[domingo] We spoke in church in Antigo. THe spirit was so strong. I spoke on being a missionary to members just as much as non-members. It went well. I told the story of my family... our journey to be sealed in the temple. I even cried... i hardly EVER cry on my mission. wierd. but SO good and powerful. If it wasn't for the WARD MEMBERS who helped our little family along, we wouldn't have made it... it was great to testify of that. I prayed I could be bold and direct. I was, Antigo has 100 less active members, it went well.
We taught seminary afterwards and Joey too, then we went with the Heinz' to visit the Connors. Two great families, i got to hear both their stories. very cool. then we came back to Rhinelander and went TRACTING. Then we taught aj and vicki and visited with tony.
We got 100 invites people. It was amAzing. we talked to the elders, they did not. I might hurt them. I will keep you posted! :) They better make up for it this week. I mean it! We didn't do all that tracting so they could slack, punks!
We recite this in every missionary meeting: [we call it the Standard of Truth, The Prophet Joseph Smith stated this...]
The standard of Truth has been erected, no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calmuny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth Nobly, Boldly and Independently, til it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear. Til the purposes of God have been accomplished and the Great Jehova says, Amen.
I've felt this as I was tracting so much this week. I strived to be the kinds of missionary that left EVERY person with the agency to ACT in ONE way or the OTHER... it was good for my testimony. I love the Standard of Truth. There is SO much power when we recite it!!!
I love my calling!
I love each of you!
Love, Sister Pamella Jo Black

No comments: