Monday, November 16, 2009

FAITH


Hello Hello All!

What a week this has been! This week has been all about FAITH for us. We are striving to be like those described in Ether chapter 12 by Moroni... he explains all the miracles that faith has wrought among his people. In verse 15 he says, "Behold, it was the faith of Ammon and his brethren which wrought so great a miracle among the Lamanites". We can be like Ammon and his brethren. Our faith can change people. In my scriptures I have "FAITH! my faith can change people" written next to those verses. I love Ether 12. read it... another favorite verse is 4... HOPE for a BETTER world... hope cometh of FAITH... which maketh an anchor, an anchor that will ANCHOR the SOULS of MEN... good stuff. I love Hebrews 11, Alma 32, Ether 12 and Moroni 7 ... they're all about Faith FAITH faiTH!

The elders we serve around are the best examples to sister Johnson and I of Faith. I am so impressed and inspired by them. They wake up early to get extra study in, they've fasted for us before an important appointment with an investigator family that we both teach, they have faith the size of a BASKETBALL [according to e. hatch!] they are just spiritual giants. We are blessed to serve in the same units as Elders Smith, Trauntvien, Petrie, Cambell, Warner, Stribling, Gates, and Vance! They are AmAZing! I love these eight elders. I see their willingness to be EXACTLY obedient and to do whatever it takes to help their investigators progress and I think of ROCKY and I just can't WAIT for him to go!!!

We are moving today. The Blake's are moving to Utah on Friday. SAD DAY! I will miss them so much. I've lived with them since june. They are a great family. I will miss have scripture study and family prayer with them sometimes at night... or hearing the hustle and bustle of children in the morning on their way to school. I will miss Jackson greeting me as I come in the door throughout the day. I just love the Blake's. They are already well aware that I will be a visitor when I come back up to school in the fall... especially for sunday dinner!!!! :) AND bishop blakes famous doughnuts! They're the best. [the elders came over for a planning meeting last night and got in on the doughnut action too, there is nothing better!] Bishop was just released yesterday. It was so sad! They're a great family and a great contributor to this RACINE ward! I will miss hearing Jackson cry when his mom vaccumes saying, "MOOOMMMMM, STOP that! I Don'T like it WhEN you DO that! MOOOMMMM stop DOING that!" It's hilarious to hear a 3 year old speak so perfectly. or I remember the time in september when the power went out at about 9:30 and Jackson and Madison were scared and NOT very happy. I gave jackson my BYU "torch" as he calls it [flashlight] and then we read books together on the couch while sister blake cleaned the kitchen. good times. i love that family, they're like my own!

We're moving to the Brigg's.

I must go now... my email next week will cover all the bases I missed. I promise.

Last piece of Good News... we set a baptismal date with Michelle Cabralles for December 5th! We're teaching her, the elders teach their parents who were both being baptized on Saturday, November 21st. ONly, sister cabralles' records were just found... SHE REALLY IS A MEMBER... haha so now just Hermano Cabrales is being baptized. I love him. He plays soccer with us twice a week. Now he'll be able to baptize his daughter on dec 5th. Michelle is 16. It was a good appointment. I have really learned about facilitating an environment for the spirit. The spirit was DEF there. I asked Michelle if she felt it... she said yes.


I love you all!


Have a good week!


Love, Sister Pamella Jo Black

ps mom and dad! I LOVED my package! and GPA and GMAX5 ... i loved my tape!! thank you!

No comments: