Tuesday, September 11, 2007

the new roommates

I got really lucky- MY ROOMMATES ARE NORMAL! I share a room with Brittani, Michelle and Layne are in the other room. We all get along great. Social life is way different here, but I am slowly adapting. The school is so huge that you really base your social life around the people in your ward because they are the ones that are easiest to get to know. My first week here I only left my house to go to school and we had no visitors, it was brutal! In thatcher my apartment was the central hub for social activity!! Things are just different in Chatham Towne, the people are older (juniors and above) and life is more grounded and focused. I actually like it now that we've met some people in our ward and we have friends. Life is good.
(PS I'm in the BYU158th ward and that's on the low end of the scale!)
----

Brittani, Me, Michelle and Layne

We went to smart cookie, it is this ice cream place that has a whole rack of different assortments of fresh cookies. First you choose 2 cookies and then you choose the type of ice cream you want to go in the middle to make your ice cream sandwich. It's yummy!

2 comments:

Steph Weaver said...

PAM CAKES!!! It is about time...you must have had a boring first week to update your blog with so many pics. at once. I think your condo is the same place that Liz lived when she went to school there. Are you having fun? If not, we welcome you back! I am glad I could finally see pics. of your roommates...they are cute girls! Fun to see all of your summer vaca. pics. too! Big Rocky, we miss him! "Bertni" too! I love your dad's big beach wagon, we are going to need one of those real soon. We miss you! I haven't had a break since you left!

layne said...

PAM BLACK you're awesome. and this blog is awesome. and i'm awesome. jk jk :) but honestly chika we're so lucky to be roomates. yay for not studying in hates. stink for the library. what ever happened to all those basement bugs? LOVE YA